DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what modification gives off the most black soot?

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
some of the programmers create a lot of black out of the tailpipes (I'm assuming that is what "soot" you are talking about). The black smoke is from un-burnt fuel. It actually is showing that your truck is being very inefficient, but the high horsepower trucks all have because they are pushing a lot of fuel.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I love blowing off wasted fuel, haha.

But yeah, your gunna need a programmer to make a real smoke cloud. I got the Edge Juice. Many people here like either that or the Bully Dog setup.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I don't get the obsession with the black smoke. My goal is to produce as much power as I can with little smoke, why waste all that fuel?

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I've heard the new Smarty CR programmer gives off a ton of smoke on some of the settings. I think some people think it's too much on a couple of the settings, and others just love it. Plus, it adds 160 HP+ so it's got that going for it! :D

I have the Edge HOT Juice, and it gives off minimal smoke unless it is on the highest settings which is actually what I prefer (minimal smoke).

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Like I have stated before, if you want a lot of smoke, just stuff a shirt or some socks in the intake. No air and you will get plenty of unburnt fuel out of the exhaust. As far as power goes, less smoke means more completely burnt fuel and more power made from the same amount of fuel injected into the engine! But, to those who just love smoke, socks work.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Good job to Hemi freak for actually answering the question asked.

Yes, the Smarty will give you LOTS of smoke but there are very mixed reviews on drivability with the smarty.

A bullydog power pup will throw a nice plume of smoke on the 90hp performance setting and an ungodly amount on the 230hp Crazy Larry setting.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Im pretty sure the big edge chip you can adjust it for smoke settings. My buddies will at least on level two he can make tons of smoke and not hurt anything motor wise

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
sweetCUMMINS04 said:
Im pretty sure the big edge chip you can adjust it for smoke settings. My buddies will at least on level two he can make tons of smoke and not hurt anything motor wise
I'm not sure which edge "chip" you are talking about, but I have the Edge Juice box with the HOT upgrade and it really only smokes alot on the highest settings (4 & 5). Even then, it's not a ton of smoke.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Edge EZ on highest setting makes minimal smoke also.

·
Registered
62 Posts
he has an 02 ho with the five stages of adjustability, its a matter of turning up levels of smoke on each level it is possible on that chip. i witnessed it myself

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
because its an 02. 02 trucks are different and some chips that make smoke for an 02 dont make smoke on an 04

Either way, with the juice, you can set each power level to smoke a certain amount. Mine only smokes good on 4 and 5. it will throw a nice amount on 3 but 5 is blackout.

All of my power levels are adjusted to smoke the most.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
HemiMagnum said:
All of my power levels are adjusted to smoke the most.
In other words, to waste the most fuel :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Ram3500Dually said:
absolutely hilarious..... That is the funniest thing i have read in the past year. Just hilarious.

Id rather waste fuel with my Juice than waste the life of my Injectors with an Edge EZ. :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
HemiMagnum said:
Id rather waste fuel with my Juice than waste the life of my Injectors with an Edge EZ. :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny
I think injectors will be cheaper than your tranny :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Sorry for not answering, I just really don't get the desire for more black smoke and soot. To each their own, I imagine the Bully Dog w/ Crazy Larry will make plenty of black smoke. Anything that adds tons of fuel will smoke more. Swap out for larger injectors and don't improve the airflow and you will see more smoke. By the way, the OP asked what mod makes the most smoke, my suggestion to add socks to the air intake is a modification that will make the smoke ;)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Ram3500Dually said:
................and what's wrong with that ? :D

I have my Juice w/Attitude set at (levels 3, 4, & 5) :

5x3
5x4
5x5

You automatic guys won't see as much smoke as a six-shooter as we can short-shift and lug the engine best, where all the good ol' smoke originates ! :D

Greg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.