DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since i bought this truck this has been bothering me. Now i can be driving along and the MDS will come on. Then when i go to push on the gas to kick it out of MDS it acts like its stuck. What i mean is i really have to push the gas to make it disengage MDS. I thought MDS was supposed to activate and de activate in 40 milliseconds? Im using 5W-20 oil...so that couldnt be the problem. Any one elses 06 or 07 expierence this?

·
Lets go DEVILS!!!
2,129 Posts
Sure it's not the TC locking up on ya? My truck does it too when the TC finally decides to lock up which is close to never.

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya know...i havent thought of that yet. I bet it is the TC locking up. :crazy:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine is seamless. The only way I know that the MDS is even working is the fact that I get around 20 mpg...and the engine isn't even broken in yet...

·
Registered
104 Posts
With the superchips, if the MDS is engaged, i have noticed with mine that i can give it more gas than when it was stock and the truck will excelerate with the MDS still on.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I can not tell when its on or off, it's smoooooth. I wish there was an indicator light. Once in a great while I do feel the tc shift funny, usually when I am putting (35-40) and just give it a little more.

·
Lets go DEVILS!!!
2,129 Posts
My MDS seems pretty seemless. I thought it wasn't then realized it was the TC. An indicator light would be nice.

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
May not be the same for the trucks but it's been done on the LX platforms.
Pin 28 of plug C1 on ECM that goes to the #4 cylinder MDS solenoid.

MikeyB

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
brent4a said:
With the superchips, if the MDS is engaged, i have noticed with mine that i can give it more gas than when it was stock and the truck will excelerate with the MDS still on.

Thats exactly what mine does....i can accelerate with the MDS on....then it finally disengages.

·
Went to the dark side.
480 Posts
NJDodger said:
My MDS seems pretty seemless. I thought it wasn't then realized it was the TC. An indicator light would be nice.
Better yet, a lighted switch would be even better. :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just bought a new 08 1500 5.7L i'm sure it has the MDS from what I have read most people are getting way better mpg than I am I'm averaging about 13 around town. I usually drive with the O/D off does this disable the MDS?

·
Registered
93 Posts
hm_palmer said:
I just bought a new 08 1500 5.7L i'm sure it has the MDS from what I have read most people are getting way better mpg than I am I'm averaging about 13 around town. I usually drive with the O/D off does this disable the MDS?
From what I understand, yes if the O/D is set to OFF then the MDS wont work.

·
Jake The Snake
371 Posts
my 08 barely breaks 10 mpg. on the highway i got about 16. i have 1200 miles on it.

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
i cruise around town with OD off or in tow haul mode and no MDS...and there is a how to on an MDS indicator light...i dont need it because with the cherry bomb extreme i can easily tell...stock exhaust couldnt tell at all unless i watched the tach

·
Great View
1,048 Posts
The sure fire way is to put the MDS light in and then you would know for sure. You can wire it up temporarily to test it out, without mounted it in the dash.

·
Registered
253 Posts
MikeyB said:
May not be the same for the trucks but it's been done on the LX platforms.
Pin 28 of plug C1 on ECM that goes to the #4 cylinder MDS solenoid.

MikeyB

is what i'm reading here that we could tap into that pin/wire and setup some kind of led/indicator light that would tell us when MDS is engaged? that would be SWEET.

FWIW, i've read that the MDS is most effective when you maintain your RPM's under 2,000. That's the only way i've been able to get 18-20MPG of city driving to work and back. from what i remember, you almost have to train the computer by driving around this way for a week or two. i did it for a while. it's not that hard, but it's hard to beat the temptation of getting on the gas every so often.

To me, 18-20 were some impressive MPG numbers for a V8 5.7L 300HP truck.

:rck:

·
Great View
1,048 Posts
Thats all it is, tap into one wire and run it to a LED. Just click the link in my signature.

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
yamasaki said:
is what i'm reading here that we could tap into that pin/wire and setup some kind of led/indicator light that would tell us when MDS is engaged? that would be SWEET.

FWIW, i've read that the MDS is most effective when you maintain your RPM's under 2,000. That's the only way i've been able to get 18-20MPG of city driving to work and back. from what i remember, you almost have to train the computer by driving around this way for a week or two. i did it for a while. it's not that hard, but it's hard to beat the temptation of getting on the gas every so often.

To me, 18-20 were some impressive MPG numbers for a V8 5.7L 300HP truck.

:rck:

what do you consider city driving though? im curious because im lucky to get 12 in the city :mad:

·
Registered
253 Posts
ok, after a few more weeks, its more like 15-18.. as sticker says.. i mightve been too optimistic because i wasnt resetting my mpg indicator on monday mornings (after a weeknd of 150 mile hiway roundtrips w/cruise control to mx track)

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
Hieneken49 said:
my 08 barely breaks 10 mpg. on the highway i got about 16. i have 1200 miles on it.
It's still a pup. I've read that the Hemi doesn't mature for a long time -- over 12K, as I recall.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.