DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Argh! Some lowlife broke into my truck and stole my radio!! :VHOT: At least they were nice enough to unbolt everything and remove the connectors instead of ripping everything out!

The thing that concerns me is that it looks like they used a screwdriver on the bottom left hand (towards rear) corner of the door handle housing to unlock the truck! Is it really that easy to do? Do anyone know if there is anything I can do about this to prevent it from happening in the future?

Unfortunately, this is the 3rd time one of my vehicles has been broken into in this apartment complex. Talk about getting old real fast!

·
Older, but no wiser.
989 Posts
Yep, the Jimmi Jammer will keep slime from getting in with a Slim Jim or going under the lock with a screw driver. The real trick is to keep them from twisting the entire lock cylinder in the door and popping it open anyway. There isnt much you can do for contents, if they really want your stuff, there is always glass to break. Alarms are mostly ignored these days. The best you can do is install a kill switch to the fuel pump so that they cant take the whole truck. Good Luck.... Chris

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed. I just want to keep the less determined thieves out and at least make it more difficult for the pros.

I was thinking about installing an alarm, but with the siren installed in the cab. At least they might go deaf while removing my radio. :IDEA:

·
That's why I like Dodges!
165 Posts
I have an alarm that cannot be ignored. I have 4 sirens, each one from a different manufacturer, and one of them is a back-up battery siren. That means you can cut the power and it'll keep going, you can rip it out and throw it in the ditch and it'll keep going. It's a must. if you have a qualified technician install your alarm, and do the starter kill, keep the receipts because a lot of Alarm manufacturers will pay you money if your truck gets stolen. After they put it in for you, you can add all the stuff to it you want. i have multiple hood pins, door pins, tailgate pins, and canopy pins. Each siren has a seperate relay and is located in different areas of the body. I also have my driving lights wired to flash also because they are so bright. The majority of the cab is protected by the shock sensor and the bed and canopy area are protected by a proximity sensor. I would definetly install an alarm because it will deter them from taking any time inside the vehicle, and it will alert you if you are in ear shot. Another good thing about multiple sirens is it makes it distinct and your ear will become intuned with it. You'll know instantly if your trucks being messed with. I don't have one personally but i know you can get remotes that make noise and let you know which area of your truck is being tampered with. If a thief still decides to go for it, and can get past all that, they deserve the stereo they are only going to get 75.00 for. good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.