DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
market such a Jekel / hyde truck? 2 months ago i couldnt spin a tire off a cow pattie in a pasture(hot) and now this am (cold) i smoked em from a 10 mph roll! This is just such carzy BS :VHOT:

·
HEMI way or no way
1,325 Posts
sounds like your headers and gear finally took over! same thing here bro.....i couldnt really spin em until the headers were installed....then i added 4.56s and am now inthe market for new tires......add a 6.1 cam and bam!

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
goin thru the big D so addinis not in the plans at this time but i swear its the air. Its just silly to have such a chicken _hit fuel intake system like these trucks do. We need mass air?

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
is it not obvious by now.... the Nazis do not want us to mod these trucks. We should be good little Mopar boys and purchase the SRT10 if we want a fast truck!

before I am thru mine will smoke the SRT.....

TJ

·
the sky is the limit
1,311 Posts
i have the same experiences.. i have the 20's and heavy and soft ass 33" iroks and dont spin them on dry ground very often... then one day my buddy hops out of the truck on this road headed to my lakehouse and he lights a bottle rocket so he hops in and i slam it and spin for a good 15-20ft i was like wtf... the marks are still in the road to this day ill take a pic

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
MrDestinE said:
is it not obvious by now.... the Nazis do not want us to mod these trucks. We should be good little Mopar boys and purchase the SRT10 if we want a fast truck!

before I am thru mine will smoke the SRT.....

TJ
Mine already beats some of the SRT-10's I see out at Baytown. I have only seen 2 in the 12's and all the others run high 13's because they either cant drive, or cant get traction.

·
Banned
2,489 Posts
chipraider77 said:
market such a Jekel / hyde truck? 2 months ago i couldnt spin a tire off a cow pattie in a pasture(hot) and now this am (cold) i smoked em from a 10 mph roll! This is just such carzy BS :VHOT:
Depending on the weather (temp, humidity, barometric pressure, and altitude) you can have a difference in power output up to 10 percent or more when it gets really hot from day to day . So if you have 400 flywheel HP it is very possible that some days when it's hot with a low baro you really are only making 350-360 HP instead of the 400 HP that you have on cool high baro days. It has nothing to do with the engine controller. SAE corrected HP and torque numbers assume a 77°F inlet air temperature, a 29.30 inHg barometer (ambient pressure, not corrected for altitude) and a vapor pressure of around .30 inHg.

·
HEMI way or no way
1,325 Posts
very true....also to give you all an idea about altitude effects on HP....for every 1000 feet gain in altitude, your engine produces 3% less HP.

So say I am home back in Alabama sipping on a cold one in Gulf Shores....and my truck makes 400 SAE HP.....well next day I go to Denver @ 5280 ft or so above sea level....all of the sudden my SAE HP has just now dropped to 340 HP, assuming SAE corrections / conditions are baselined.

so i always found that interesting........

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
Mine already beats some of the SRT-10's I see out at Baytown. I have only seen 2 in the 12's and all the others run high 13's because they either cant drive, or cant get traction.
Hey HEMI,
Have you run across John Volpe's '05 black QC Ram 4x4 down at Baytown?

MikeyB

·
Registered
87 Posts
well i ran my truck and the temp was bout 80 degrees and it ran 10.1 in an 1/8 well then i changed the overload springs in the rear and the temp was 65 degrees and ran 9.6at the same track. and i dont know what yall are talkin bout not spinnin tires cause the day i got my truck i was not use to it and at 35mph i stomped it and lit the tires up. it scared the crap out of me. but now with the springs fliped i can burn em for bout 100 feet or more dry roads

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
i seen a freakin srt-10 spin past the 1/8th mile and run mid 12's. what was done to it i dont know. but it freakin rolled out

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
First time I got mine to squeach was when I added My Aeroturbine
Adding Super chips I would fish tail on mashing it laying rubber
Adding middie headers no change but stronger mid range
Adding 20s at first I couldn't fishtail but still squeal them
Then all of a sudden several weeks later back to the fish tailing

BTW back before I put the 20s on My friend brought over a friend of his who had an SRT10
He let me drive it and I let him drive mine
He said my truck was a rocket ship and was very impressed

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
MikeyB said:
Hey HEMI,
Have you run across John Volpe's '05 black QC Ram 4x4 down at Baytown?

MikeyB
If you are talking about RamWheelsby4, I know John.... My son taped that 12.41 vid he has... Truely an awesome CTD he has. Matt knows him as well.. I suppose when we have spent as much cash as he has we will run those times as well.... of faster !!! hehehe.... :cool: oh, I do mean N/A....
TJ

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
MrDestinE said:
If you are talking about RamWheelsby4, I know John.... My son taped that 12.41 vid he has... Truely an awesome CTD he has. Matt knows him as well.. I suppose when we have spent as much cash as he has we will run those times as well.... of faster !!! hehehe.... :cool: oh, I do mean N/A....
TJ
Yeah...I was there with MrDestinE when John made that 12.41 pass with a smokin' 1.56 60' time!! He was at the track last week on his street tune running 13.2's!!

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
MrDestinE said:
TJ
Yep, that's him. I was down there for the DHRA Bully Dog Nationals to watch him and others run.
The night before the races we where at Diesels Innovations on 1960 for tuning and John cranked out 610hp on the dyno.

MikeyB

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.