DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have an 87 D150 (built 12/86) with a 318 2bbl holley, 2.5" manifold back duals, TF727(think thats right) 3spd auto trans. 199K miles. I am not sure how many previous owners but at least one of them had no idea what they were doin with it. i am in the military and will have about $7K to put in it in the next 2-3 months so my question(s) are
1) i found a site that sells very affordable rebuilt crate engines/trans - http://www.rebuiltcrateengines.com/ i was wondering how hard it would be to swap in the cheaper 440 from the previous site . or if a 340 would bolt up to my trans. i would really like to put a 4spd stick in it (out of a 76 w100, 360 in my uncle's yard...i can get the whole truck for 600 but there is alot of rust and it needs alot of brake work)
2) i also have a decent list of parts i might like to put in the 318 and was wondering what type of cam to buy
3) what is required to put an ignition module (such as MSD) in it...ingition systems/ wiring is something that i hate workin on with the 80's cuz of the ford/chevy ppl messin with em this one in particular has wires everywhere i have checked the 318s and 360s in my neighbors trucks/RCs around the same year and they all have less wires unhooked but mine has no connectors like theirs do
4) what is the lug spacing, offset, and rear spacing is needed/ was used on the long wheel base trucks
any/all help on this is is greatly appreciated

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.