Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

my name is Christian from Germany and I just ordered a 2007 Dodge Durnago 4x4 Limited in Dark grey. I traded in my highly modded 2004 SVT Lightning and although I will get the HEMI, I'll miss some power. But I'm a Dad since one year and the room in the L is too small.
The D will come with TIS 06 22'' rims and Nitto 265/40/22 tires, a Volant CAI and a Magnaflow Catback. Now I search for a good programmer, is there anyone out??? For my L I use a DiaboSport Predator, but I thing they haven't one for the D. A programmer would be fine to change the tire size and here in Germany the most highways, called Autobahnen, have no speed limit, so I will do some longer high speed turns with the D and with a programmer I can modify some things. My L goes 162mph and 4,9s from 0-62mph.

Is the suspension good enough for full speed or shell I build in an aftermarket one?? Which???

What about the brakes???

Will there be a Kenne Bell supercharger for the HEMI???

Maybe I'll get some answers???
Hope I made the right decision with the D, because I can't do a test drive here in Germany.

Regards,
Christian

·
Registered
313 Posts
I can only say that the Durango feels very stable at high speeds, though your idea of high speed is perhaps more excessive than ours here in the US. The ride is so smooth that the speed easily creeps up on you and you don't realize sometimes your going 20 mph over the speed limit. I think with the right tires, the D will perform very well at speeds over 120 mph. I might recommend a shock upgrade. Hopefully you'll be satisfied with the D's performance, even though it's a far cry from the performance of your Lighting.

Good luck and let us know how the D works out for you on the autobahn and your general opinion on performance and quality.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i´m also in Germany, i´m using the hypertechprogrammer 50014 and i also are very satisfied with the ride on our autobahns, i think with your large tires you would have an much better ride as i do with the orignal 275/60 ones.

For spare money here i germany i would recommend LPG conversion( liquid gas)
you have then 49% less fuel cost at same performance...

robert from ingolstadt germany

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The D will be here in January, be sure I will test him all the way.
I've now get the magazine 'Truckin' is there a SUV mag out there???

I'll get Nitto NT-555 Extreme ZR tires, I think they are right for high speed turns.

LPG is a good option, I've to think about, greetings to Ingolstadt!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Robert, How fast have you driven your Durango?

·
Registered
31 Posts
around 220 km/h,brbause i haveno gps i have to estimate due to the limited speedometer

robert

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
what is the Durango's speed limiter?
My Ram's is 118.

·
Registered
313 Posts
khoursha said:
220 km/h top speed ? how come mine and all D they are limited to 180 km/h
His Hypertech computer programmer allows him to override the factory speed limiter.

·
Registered
31 Posts
right i can adjust via my hypertech 500014 the top speed....

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
Christian,
being German myself (living in Canada, driving a D) I would not want to drive a D on the Autobahn for any money in the world. Mine is limited to 180Km which is plenty fast for the weight and body roll of the truck. Going fast over here means in a straight line, no passing or high speed maneuvers avoiding other traffic. I got 22's on mine which helps a lot for handling, problem is now your breaking with the heavy rims and tires, the TUV most likely will not like that. I would lower the back with Eibach's, the front you have torsion bars to adjust right hide. I'm thinking about lowering mine as well. Good luck with 20 liters per 100Km and your gas prices...

Stefan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cristian- Since I'm also in Germany (K-town) and have a LTD 2006 5.7, were you able to find the appropriate NAVTEQ European maps for the Alpine DVD GPS system? The chysyler dealer has the disk but the Alpine won't read! I've posted this issue back in the spring but no one had a solution. Enjoy your 2007, I really like my 2006.

Robert

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
Guys, don't get me wrong! I love my D! It is a great truck, just not made for high speed driving on the Autobahn.

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
sca said:
Guys, don't get me wrong! I love my D! It is a great truck, just not made for high speed driving on the Autobahn.
I agree - lived there myself for 3 years and though the GenII is more refined than the GenI I have - I wouldn't make a habit of 180kph cruising.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sca said:
Christian,
being German myself (living in Canada, driving a D) I would not want to drive a D on the Autobahn for any money in the world. Mine is limited to 180Km which is plenty fast for the weight and body roll of the truck. Going fast over here means in a straight line, no passing or high speed maneuvers avoiding other traffic. I got 22's on mine which helps a lot for handling, problem is now your breaking with the heavy rims and tires, the TUV most likely will not like that. I would lower the back with Eibach's, the front you have torsion bars to adjust right hide. I'm thinking about lowering mine as well. Good luck with 20 liters per 100Km and your gas prices...

Stefan
Hey Stefan,

my SVT Lightning wanted more than 20 liters per 100km, no problem. I'll also get 22'' and of course I'll change the suspension. The D will come from the USA with all the extras installed, so the TUV have to accept all the changes, my dealer will handle it for me.

Christian

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
robertousaf said:
Cristian- Since I'm also in Germany (K-town) and have a LTD 2006 5.7, were you able to find the appropriate NAVTEQ European maps for the Alpine DVD GPS system? The chysyler dealer has the disk but the Alpine won't read! I've posted this issue back in the spring but no one had a solution. Enjoy your 2007, I really like my 2006.

Robert
Hey Robert,

will check it out with the NAVTEQ!!! Can't wait till I'll get my D.

Christian

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.