Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Skelton Krew
2017 short bed hemi tradesmen
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perfect day here today so took the truck out for a few photos and finally did my grille mod idea I had a while ago.

Click for larger, and what photo do you like best (stolen from Rye)

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
You forgot to put your mirrors down after unhooking the trailer .

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
lol

·
Skelton Krew
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope they stay up, between towing my XJ and stuff for work its just a pita to keep readjusting them, plus I can see better with them up.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I'm just playing , I'm affraid to knock my mirrors off our trucks are so wide with tow mirrors on them I allready taged a super duty and had to replace the passenger side with an ebay unit.

·
The White Collar *******
1,807 Posts
I like the Ram logo in the grille.

There is a guy around here that has a bright blue Tacoma, and it has a plain black grille, except for the logo in the corner. Its a Toyota... but the grille idea is cool.

This kind of reminded me of that.

Nice work!

·
Registered
439 Posts
looks good in all the pics. like the ram emblem in the front

·
Skelton Krew
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys

·
Grabbin life by the horns
577 Posts
If you dont mind me asking, how'd you get the ram logo to stay positioned on the grill? I know Dodge makes SRT/RT emblems etc. that clip on but what about the RAM you used?

·
Skelton Krew
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I debaged the truck 2 weeks ago saved the logo letters, some 3m double sided tape and they fit perfectly on 2 of the bars.

·
GetALittleMudOnTheTires
8,389 Posts
great pics, i like number one and two the best

·
Registered
1,202 Posts

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
i like number 1 best.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
#1 is my choice. :tup:

A couple tips.... stand back a good distance and zoom in on the truck, it keeps things in better proportion. Also roll the windows up when taking pics, it just looks cleaner that way. ;)

·
Skelton Krew
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
#1 is my choice. :tup:

A couple tips.... stand back a good distance and zoom in on the truck, it keeps things in better proportion. Also roll the windows up when taking pics, it just looks cleaner that way. ;)
thanks,

1, running a 17-40L on a 5D, my dad had my 28-105l so really couldn't stand back and zoom in like i wanted, also most of the shots are tight crops because that's what i like.

2, normally I do but for some reason i left them down

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
thanks,

1, running a 17-40L on a 5D, my dad had my 28-105l so really couldn't stand back and zoom in like i wanted, also most of the shots are tight crops because that's what i like.

2, normally I do but for some reason i left them down
I like the tighter shots too. My advice was just general advice for photographing vehicles. I work for an internet marketing company that caters to car dealers, and sometimes I photograph 150 or more vehicles per week myself. Unfortunately most aren't Mopars, but I try to make them look as good as I can. :D

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
I like #3 the best, the truck almost looks like part of the background in the other pictures to me....but #3 stands out as a winner. :D

·
Registered
521 Posts
The truck looks great and the grill mod is sweet.

What kind of camera do you use? I was wondering if it had centering lights? My canon has them and it helps center what you are shooting. I always try to make it even on both sides of the picture.

#1 is the one I like.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.