DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Nut up or Shut up
1,412 Posts
Good start, living in Wyoming I might look at the fenderwell liners for the back if you dont have them already and the factory mud flaps. I live in Colorado and the wheel well liners make a BIG diffrence in keeping salt and crap off the bottom of the bed and clean up after snow and off road, and the flaps are definitley paint savers. Good looking truck.

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
Very nice...:tup:
I'm debating on debadging mine..:dunno:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, It took me lookin' around at alot of other trucks to finally decide on whether I wanted mine debadged or not, but I finally gave in and just did it lol. And yeah Ive actually been considering rhinolining on the bottom rather than flaps, (not my cup of tea lol) salt is a beotch. Thanks for the feedback!

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
Looks good i also couldnt decide in debadging at first so i painted them :D

·
Nut up or Shut up
1,412 Posts
Yeah, It took me lookin' around at alot of other trucks to finally decide on whether I wanted mine debadged or not, but I finally gave in and just did it lol. And yeah Ive actually been considering rhinolining on the bottom rather than flaps, (not my cup of tea lol) salt is a beotch. Thanks for the feedback!
Yeah flaps arent everyones style, I just did the rears. The inner wheel well liners look good and clean up the inside of the fenderwell on the back. When i go mudding I spray them with some Pam cooking spray(if wife not looking) and it makes clean up easier. The debadge looks nice, I just took the big Ram emblem off my doors, left everything else.

·
Registered
31 Posts
if u dont mind, me askin how did you get the glue off your truck after debadging? because i want to do that to my truck but dont have an eraser wheel.

·
Nut up or Shut up
1,412 Posts
Wheel well liners are like $80-90 bucks, I got mine with a discount from the dealer so I got them for less, cant remember. You can try some of the sponsors here or on Ebay theres a few on there usually, or any dealer has them. I love my Hids, I got them from Twiggy here on Dodgetalk. They are a big improvement over the factory. Twiggy is great and will go out of his way to help you with any questions before and after you buy them. I got the 6000k in fogs and heads, a little blue with alot of white. They work good in the snow, drove up to Steamboat Springs in a blizzard last week and loved how much better I could see. Especially on the little twisty road going to the hot springs.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man Ive really been debating on hid's, Ive got the silverstar ultras and they were a pretty impressive leap over stock, but it seems the hid's are awesome, but I'm really not to familiar with all the 6000k and 8000k talk and the diff in it all, I just know I dont want it flat out blue, I may have to hit twiggy up on that this tax return! Thanks man!

·
Nut up or Shut up
1,412 Posts
4300k is just pure bright white light, 6000k is white with a little blue(most popular color I believe) 8000k is blue with a little white, and 10000k is just blue. Hope this helps some. Twiggy is cool, just look at his forum, he has some pics of some of the customers he has done. I like the lifetime warranty on the lights and parts.:D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you really must know kinglank, I did it the most painstaking way you could probably do, and a lil dangerous to your paint too, lmao. Since Iam a broke ass fool, and did not have the proper equipment, aka drill and eraser wheel. After I got the badges off, I peeled the remaining glue with my thumb nails, (very very carefully) and used zep to rub the rest off, or WD-40 whichever i guess. Took about 2 hours, but it got er done! no scratches or nothin!

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
I wouldnt take off that air dam. It will hurt MPG and IMO it looks bad without it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For real? that little thing? could it really have that much of an adverse affect? I take it it deflects wind from being blown into the very uneven underbody?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Looks good you should deff get the wheel well liners. Heres a pic of my truck with no air dam cause it got ripped off, im debating wether or not to put it back on. And i just got 6000k in heads and fogs from twiggy.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks alot im never painting lights like that again it sucked so bad lol just take ur airdam off and see what it looks like, if you dont like it its only a couple bolts

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,567 Posts
Y is that man? howd you do your heads? still looks sweet as hell!
the 06-up headlights are the worst to take apart, anyone who has taken one apart knows exactly what im talking about, the 02-05 headlights are a complete peice of cake, the best thing to do for the 06 and up is to get some aftermarket OEM headlights, they use a different glue thats easier to split :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.