Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Here are some pics of what I did to my Ram in the last few weeks.

De-badged her except for the hemi badges that are soon to be replaced with some new ones that I bought.
Put on a CheckMate FX flush hard cover along with an automatic lock on the tailgate that works with my keyfob. I love the way it looks.
Installed some new audio equipment...
H/U - Alpine CDA-7894
Amp - MB Quart RAA4200
Speakers Front - Boston Acoustic SL95
Speakers Rear - Boston Acoustics SL65
I only took a picture of the HU because the speakers and amp are all hidden so there is nothing to take a picture of.
Installed a Viper 791XV w/remote start & and some other accessorie/add-ons that i bought to go with it. I like the fact that it pages me if my alarm is triggered.
I can not really enjoy any of it as of yet. I am still hiding from the wife after she found out that I did all of this :D :D :D
The first thing she said was..."I thought you said you werent going to do that stuff to this vehicle" I am sure you can all relate to that. Ofcourse my response is that its a disease and I can not control it :D

Heres some pics

Attachments

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Lookin' good man.... that's a nice clean truck, and a GREAT color! ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
agreed about the color..but where can i find that bedcap? and can you get some better pics of it for me? looks awesome

·
DFFL
1,219 Posts
lookin good!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the compliments fellas

gac_gonejeepin said:
agreed about the color..but where can i find that bedcap? and can you get some better pics of it for me? looks awesome
Here is the link for Checker http://www.checkerpro.com/

and here are some more pics that I have. I will take some more closeups of various parts of it tomorrow if you would like.
I bought the quick release hinges for it so I can remove it within 2 minutes if I need too. I am really happy with it overall. For the price you can not beat it. If I remember right the total was under $400 for everything.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
UNDER $400?! i want one.....NOW

if you could take more pics of it i'd be much obliged

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
I have that exact same stereo!!!! Gotta love them alpines...

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...do you also have a spray on liner? if so, cool...I can get the same cover for my truck which is Linexed...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chefred112 said:
...do you also have a spray on liner? if so, cool...I can get the same cover for my truck which is Linexed...
Yes,
I have the spray in liner over the rails. The cover blends in with it perfect. They also sell the same cover with a line-x type spray on it as well. I liked the look of the black fiberglass so i went with that.

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Your truck looks good. I want that bed cap!!!!!! I have been looking for one thats not bulky and is still quality. I think i found it!

Truck looks good. Sounds like a nice system

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
o cool BG, now i'm contemplating color...white could be good, but if my Linex color shows maybe I shud get black...

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
BGRAM said:
thanks for the compliments fellas

Here is the link for Checker http://www.checkerpro.com/

and here are some more pics that I have. I will take some more closeups of various parts of it tomorrow if you would like.
I bought the quick release hinges for it so I can remove it within 2 minutes if I need too. I am really happy with it overall. For the price you can not beat it. If I remember right the total was under $400 for everything.

Now I know you JUST installed the cover, but how water resistant is it? I cant tell how much hangs over the lip from the pictures.. I too am interested in this solution... painted FLame red of course :D

·
BIG BLACK CTD
646 Posts
good looking truck!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have bedrails installed on my truck....could this hard cover still be used and keep the bedrails also???

·
It's a JEEP thing!
3,233 Posts
BGRAM said:
Hi guys,
Here are some pics of what I did to my Ram in the last few weeks.

Put on a CheckMate FX flush hard cover along with an automatic lock

I can not really enjoy any of it as of yet. I am still hiding from the wife after she found out that I did all of this :D :D :D
The first thing she said was..."I thought you said you werent going to do that stuff to this vehicle" I am sure you can all relate to that. Ofcourse my response is that its a disease and I can not control it :D

Heres some pics

2 things -

I love the tonneau cover.

Second, I think your wife and my wife have met. She said the same damn thing when I got my truck! :thatfunny

·
Registered
358 Posts
any drilling required to mount it?
looks great!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dskirtech said:
Now I know you JUST installed the cover, but how water resistant is it? I cant tell how much hangs over the lip from the pictures.. I too am interested in this solution... painted FLame red of course :D
I have actually had the cover installed for about a month now and the only time I can get water in there is when I go through the touchless carwash. When I say water in there we are talking about a couple of ounces total. For me its not enough water to care about. I have never found any water in there from rain.

chefred112 said:
o cool BG, now i'm contemplating color...white could be good, but if my Linex color shows maybe I shud get black...
I would say go with the black for sure. If not then you will have white then a few inches of black and white again...thats just me, but I think it looks best.

AtlanticRam said:
I have bedrails installed on my truck....could this hard cover still be used and keep the bedrails also???
I believe you will be fine. The cover/lid only hangs over on the inner edge of the rail. I know others on the site had the same cover with their wings so I would think rails would be fine. If you have a picture of your rails instaleld I could give you a definite answer.

Grant211 said:
Second, I think your wife and my wife have met. She said the same damn thing when I got my truck!
:thatfunny

HemiKen said:
any drilling required to mount it?
Yes, there is two brackets in the front (mine are the quick release ones, but I am sure you have to screw the regular ones in as well. YOu also have to screw the lifters in. I think you are talking about a total of 3 screws for each bracket.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

I wish I could have recorded the phone conversation with my wife today when i informed her that I purchased a new MB Quart Amp, MB Quart 12 Sub and HOt-Box last night...trying to explain to your wife why you need something for the low end is pretty funny stuff. I am even wondering what the heck I think I am doing, but have absolutely no control over it :D
If i have the money in my account and dont need it to pay bills....i get it...im a bad bad man.
:thatfunny
Oh..and if you are considering getting one I would get the electronic tailgate lock (works with your keyfob). It was very easy to install and works great. There is no way to get into the bed of the truck when the doors are locked.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
very nice. Im curious about what install kit that is on the radio. Looks like a flush mount filler panel, I just wondered who made it and where you got it?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.