DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a fairly new Member to the "Dodge Talk" Forum. I have been talking with "Dodge Talk" Diesel Member, cms2500, by way of P.M.'s here. My thanks to "cms2500" for the contact and for the kind words on my truck.;)

I told him I would post up some videos for the diesel members of my modified 1996 Dodge CTD 12 valve running on our local drag strip near Jacksonville, N.C., namely, at "Coastal Plains Dragway."

I hope I don't get in trouble for posting them here for the Members.

Anyway, here are the links to a couple of the videos:

This first one is of me drag racing a pretty well modified 2001 Chevy Camaro SS. He had SLP Heads, an SLP Cam, modified MASS Airflow Sensor, Goodyear Racing Slicks and was running OPEN HEADERS against me!:YO: The loud noise in the video is his open headers, not my truck. I went [email protected] against his [email protected] MPH.

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm236/cummins535/?action=view&current=20080614005406-04.flv

This next one is at a "N.C. Drag Race" also at the same drag strip, against a 2006 Dodge CTD CR Mega Cab. I went [email protected] on this run:

http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd151/madhatDTR/NC 18 6th annual/?action=view&current=JohnPs1142.flv

If they don't work, please let me know.

------------
96 Red Ram

·
12.40 @ 105.92
3,810 Posts
I've been lucky enough to watch John and his street driven 11 sec truck in person, and all I can say is that truck is badass to say the least. Can't wait for our next track session at Coastal Plains.:rck:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool vids man:tup:

and btw the only folks that ever visit here are:

me, clunk, and redsleeper mostly
---------------------------------------
Thanks cmns2500!

Sorry to hear there aren't more Members here. But I will try to come in here and "kick the tires" with you guys.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been lucky enough to watch John and his street driven 11 sec truck in person, and all I can say is that truck is badass to say the least. Can't wait for our next track session at Coastal Plains.:rck:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Chris!

I wanted to let you guys know that Chris is a good friend of mine and was the person who got me to join "Dodge Talk!" Chris has a darn fast Dodge Hemi Truck, which runs in the 12's and like me, he has worked his rear off getting that truck to run like it does now. We live pretty close to each other and head out to our local 1/4 mile drag strip pretty regular to run our trucks there.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That is one nice machine... What HAVE you done to it?!?!

Jim

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is one nice machine... What HAVE you done to it?!?!

Jim
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jim:

Thanks for asking. I had sent a P.M. to cmns2500 a day or so ago on the same subject.:D

The engine was built by my good friends at "Scheid Diesel" up in Terre Haute and Lafayette, Indiana with another shop in Effingham, Illinois. The shop at Effingham, Ill. did all the work on this engine. It has 14mm studs and firerings,
Scheid Camshaft, HD Valve Springs, Scheid Twin Turbos, Ported/Polished Cylinder Head, Custom Scheid EDM Injectors and a Scheid Water Injection System to name a few of the things. I also have a Stage VI Full Billet "ATS" Transmission.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Nice videos, awesome performance!

Oh yeah, Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome and what a kick ass truck man. Should try for the diesel power challenge.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Red Sleeper! Yeah, I have thought about that "Diesel Power Challenge", but one of their editors there is not too fond of me because of my views about Banks Power, so I doubt I could get in.

·
Older, but no wiser.
989 Posts
and btw the only folks that ever visit here are:

me, clunk, and redsleeper mostly
Thanks man...you're a prince, I guess I NEVER contribute do I??:thatfunny

Nice vids... you have me nervous about my LS-1 Miata getting its doors blown off by my tow rig :rck:

·
Registered
68 Posts
great vids man.... love the rig

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
Wow that truck is one hell of a runner! Theres a stock shortblock 24valve up here that runs mid 11's as well, it's jaw droping to see a bigass truck run that!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Meierznutz, Snow and 96Sport:

My thanks to all of you for your posts and nice comments.:rck:

The funny thing about all of this,... is while my truck runs pretty good, there are a BUNCH of Dodge CTD Pickups, that are easily running in the 10's now!:YO: And like mine, they are also considered "daily drivers" too.

I am going to post another thread for you guys of my good friends (Jimmy and Dale Smith) running their 2001 Dodge CTD Full Race Drag Truck. That truck has the U.S. record right now for a 4WD Diesel Pickup having set a record of [email protected] in the 1/4 mile. Since they set that record at "Beech Bend Dragway" in Bowling Green, Ky,. the truck has run even FASTER going [email protected] MPH this past fall.

So,....be looking for my thread on that video in our 2nd Gen Diesel Section here. You guys will LOVE that video!:D

------------
96 Red Ram

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.