DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I replaced the shift solenoid pack in my 2000 Caravan and everthing is back to normal now. It is shifting smooth. My problem was code PO760, shift solenoid c malfunction. I found a brand new Borg Warner solenoid pack on ebay for $95.00, It was from Oregon Transmissions, they delivered it in 2 days. The new replacements look a little different than the original one, but they are a new style that is more quiet than the old ones. When installing the new one you can throw away the plate that is between the 2 gaskets and just use the one new gasket that is provided, also you don't need to reinstall the rubber boot cover over the new ones. The install went fairly easy, it can all be done from the top. I would recommend washing the area around the solenoid prior to removing it so no debris gets in the tranny. Procedure is pretty straight forward, Remove air cleaner tube, 2 flexible tranny lines, sensor that is above center bolt, electrical plug on top of solenoid, remove 3 bolts. I hope this helps anyone that needs to do a replacement. It was about a 3 hour job, (not having done one before).

·
Registered
5 Posts
thats good to hear b/c i just change mine on a 97 se which had a code p0740 and now im getting code p0743 which means short/open in that same circuit and now my trans wont shift at all

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Short Open Circuit

Hello, It sounds like your problem is not in the solenoid pack, but an electrical connection somewhere. You might try taking the electrical plugs off of the solenoid pack and the TCM and make sure they are clean and secure. Also check and see how much voltage your battery is putting out when you run the engine. Sometimes low voltage can mess up these electric controlled transmissions. Good luck, Randy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.