DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting a bed cover mainly for mpg increase, also to occasionally throw stuff in my bed that i dont want flying out. Right now im looking at two covers:

Wolf Automotive Ultra Lift - $230
Tekstyle Quick Hatch - $270

and maybe...
Extang Fulltilt - $343

Can anyone give some opinions on soft covers to begin with, snap type or velcro? And can anyone give specific recommendations on these particular brands?

THanks

·
over 100,000
382 Posts
i had the extang full tilt on my 97 and i loved it,im putting another one on my 05 as soon as i sell this one(94-01).

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does the extang have a lock on it? Is it snap or velcro?

Anyone know anything about the other two?

Thanks for the input so far guys

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the Lund Genesis Tri- Fold, paid 338.99. I very happy with it and I've seen a 1mpg increase. Pics of it in my gallery

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lax player huh? I play for UCLA, A-tack along with some middie. Where do you play at?

·
Up The Irons!
279 Posts
The Extang is $328 here with no shipping charges. AutoAnything

I'm thinking of getting one myself because I need to be able to latch it closed from inside the bed to work in conjunction with my locking tailgate, as well as easily lift it off myself or roll it up to load my ATV in.

·
over 100,000
382 Posts
hemi operater what part of south shore are u from?

·
Up The Irons!
279 Posts
Plymouth. You?

·
over 100,000
382 Posts
grew up in plympton and now live in carver

·
Up The Irons!
279 Posts
Cool. My best friend lives in Carver. I forget the name of his street though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I bought the Lund Tri Fold after talking to davea147. It really is a nice looking cover. I had the Extang full tilt on my Dakota and loved it. My only complaint was that if I was on the road somewhere and needed the top to be off, there was really no way to take it off easily. The Tri Fold will fold right up and stow in the bed. Also no snaps or velcro so it has a nice clean edge.

·
Up The Irons!
279 Posts
I have the factory under the rail bedliner and tailgate liner, and Wade bedrail protectors. Anyone know if the Extang Full-Tilt will mount up with these in place or will I have to do some plastic trimming?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Should mount up just fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.