DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone found a good fast removable tonneau fit? I just bought a lund genesis roll-up and it fits terrrible and would leak like crazy. very disappointed and i am sending back in disgust oh and minus shipping. this is my first truck and if that is what to expect of lund, this will be my last effort with them.

I am looking for something easy to remove or roll and store - throw dogs in the back, carry huge items, then reapply. in the under $400 range installed

any help is appeciated
jld

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I had an Extang soft tonneau on my '97 Dak. It looked good and that's about it. It was a pain in the a$$ to remove, it was not waterproof. Mine was a snap cover and if you took that thing off.........well, I just wouldn't reccomend taking one of those off. I plan on getting a tonneau for this truck, but it will be a hard one!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have one of the Access roll-up covers. It works really well and is virtually waterproof (a little gap near the tailgate lets a drop or two in).

It's really easy to open and roll-up (as well as close).

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the extang r/t cover, Called them about leaking & they sent new seal that is standard now. stays pretty dry after changing seal. Liked everthing about it now I like all of it. sent the new seal for free can't beat that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
the R/Ts are nice. I cant believe you had issues with the Genesis. Ive read and heard tons about them and hadnt heard a single complaint about them yet. Im glad to hear it though, i am still trying to make up my mind as to what roll-up to get.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys after sending back the roll up I got a lund tri-fold. it is sweet! so easy to roll up and fix any leak areas from liners/bed gaps. I can fold it up and lock down to carry large items in about 20 seconds and remove if I want in about 60 seconds. apply it back in about th same amount of time. it clamps down in 4 spots inder the rail and has some tough cross beams looks "excellent" much better than all the snappy covers I see on the road now and I can't imagine anything being a better fit or easier to remove or fold up.

I take back my lund commment this is a nice item. the roll up was terrible IMO and the shop told me they had heard the same from others as well.

take a serious look at the tri-fold and the price is about the same I got it shipped with a gate seal kit for around $309 I think from autoanything. make sure to get some tonneau magic or the like protectant right out of the box to keep it nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.