DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a 2005 Ram 5.7L 5 speed-does anyone know how to firm up the shifts?

Is there a shift kit out there anywhere? A programmer that does the job?
Please help, I would love to lose traction going from 1st to 2nd.

·
Hemi Power
2,017 Posts
Superchips is coming out with their programmer for our trucks in August (supposedly)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Based on the failures of other programmers and the fact its taking Superchips this long to come out with their programmer, i would doubt for any better results. Some little Dodge Geeky programmer messed with these computers too good to crack the codes, *******s!!!!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tommyboy1 said:
Based on the failures of other programmers and the fact its taking Superchips this long to come out with their programmer, i would doubt for any better results. Some little Dodge Geeky programmer messed with these computers too good to crack the codes, *******s!!!!
Truly a bummer. With firmer shifts the thrill factor would go up 5 fold. Oh well, 456's here I come(6/20). I going to buy the hypertech programmer to liven things up a bit(6/15).

Superchimps, err, superchips still does not have the 2004 out yet let alone 2005. Futhermore the 2003 model does nothing for the transmission firmness or shift points. At least the hypertech for 2003 does firm up shifts and raise shift points.

In my opinion firmer more aggressive shifts will do more than the horsepower increase on our trucks in terms of fun factor. Altho I will take 17 more horsepower for $340 any day.

I'll be sure to give everyone feedback on both the hypertech programmer and the 456's. I have 20/305-50's on my truck with 355's as I speak.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
lowhemi said:
Truly a bummer. With firmer shifts the thrill factor would go up 5 fold. Oh well, 456's here I come(6/20). I going to buy the hypertech programmer to liven things up a bit(6/15).

Superchimps, err, superchips still does not have the 2004 out yet let alone 2005. Futhermore the 2003 model does nothing for the transmission firmness or shift points. At least the hypertech for 2003 does firm up shifts and raise shift points.

In my opinion firmer more aggressive shifts will do more than the horsepower increase on our trucks in terms of fun factor. Altho I will take 17 more horsepower for $340 any day.

I'll be sure to give everyone feedback on both the hypertech programmer and the 456's. I have 20/305-50's on my truck with 355's as I speak.

I didnt think the Hypertech did aything to the tranny as far as adjustment goes? I havent heard anyone mention that on here...

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
I do agree to wait a few months if you want a trouble free programmer... but IF you don’t mind being one of the first kids on the block with one they are WELL worth the money.

As for there being allot of problems... I don’t know about all that. Yes there have been a couple but that’s going to happen as Dodge has so many different programs on so many different trucks. But honestly I see no GOOD reason not to get one when they become available to you. If you have a problem... UNLIKELY... but if you do, send it back and they will correct it. Most the time it’s due to your trucks programming which the programmer does not recognize... it then copy’s this information inside and you send it back where they UPDATE there MOTHER programmer and all the new ones will have that update... and they send yours back to you.

Again not a very common problem but yes there have been a small few who have had problems... that didn’t stop me. I have not had one issue with mine and I love it.... mine is number 22 off the assembly line.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really, really appreciate the feedback.

In search of more speed/fun...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.