DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here i am sitting on the fence trying to decide if I should go with the Mopar (Borla) system or the Magnaflow. I heard the sound samples on Magnaflow and the ones here on this forum, just wish they were both the same tests.
Also I'm open to other options just as long as it is not sounding like a ricer or really loud. I like that nice power rumble. If you haven't heard the Magnaflow sounds head on over to their site and pullup 2nd Duran go and listen to both files.

Rory

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Borla...and you won't be sorry.

My buddy has one in his Poly Ram, and it sounds as good as it looks.

·
Banned
261 Posts
im gonna have to say Magnaflow... I have it on my 05' D and wow.. clean setup, easy fit and very simple install... the car sounds amazing.. i have been told by many bystanders how nice it sounds... it has a mean rumble when u hit it lightly and when you stomp it it growls so meanly... i also added the volant which i must say.. when the exhaust starts to become more steady and start to go down the volant picks right up and wow.. that combo is insane... many people have thier opinions but it has always been my opinion that anything offered from a dealer is not as good as something not offered.. if mopar is in with borla it will be nice but honestly i have heard both and lover the magnaflow... the borla in my opinion has a nicer tip but the magnaflow just looks cleaner... its up to u...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just put the magnaflow on today and love it..It sounds awesome but then again i also have a set of doug's headers on, so it might sound a little different..As far as performance goes,i realy don't feel like i gained anything...The only reason i didn't go with the borla was cause of the price,and i honestly think the borla is a better product..Regardless which way you choose to go you will be happy..Its not so much the mufflers you choose it's whats under the hood that matters

·
Banned
261 Posts
I am going to have to disagree... I put the magnaflow catback system on my D and i immediately noticed a performance upgrade... the car now flies compared to stock.. it jumps in the front like i like it to... if you just replace the muffler you arnt going to notice anything really but the full catback system really helps...

·
rangouno
98 Posts
My opinion regarding the issue on exhust systems is, that there is nothing better in sound and performance than a Flowmaster system. I have a 05 Durango with the 4.7L engine with a dual 40 series Flowmaster exhust. The set up was very clean with 4" chrome tips, after the installation I noticed a gain in acceleration. My neighbor has a 05" D also and we tested to if there was any difference, to tell u the truth there was, my D" has a quicker take off and I'm very happy with the results. In sound it has an agressive tone, I think it sounds better than a mustang, I recommend the Flowmaster for power and sound to anyone, and my dealer has no problem with the set up. :rck:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Man, this is very confusing now, lol. I have heard nothing but good things about Mopar, Magnaflow and Flowmaster exhausts. I am still trying to decide which one I want for my 05 Durango Limited. Oh well, I guess I will just keep researching lol. Thanks for everyone's opinion.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did Flowmaster have a complete cat back system or is it pieces and parts?
Kinda like the do it yourself deal.

·
Banned
261 Posts
i am pretty sure flowmaster is pieces and parts.. magnaflow and borla/mopar are the only full catbach good brand names out that have vehicle specific systems... like i said magnaflow install took about 40 minutes... probably less wasnt really keeping track...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the Magnaflow catback on my Hemi D and love it except I didn't like the tip that came welded on it so last Friday I had a new setup installed. The pic is 2.63mb so it's too big the show but it's a Magnaflow ss Y 3" in and dual 2 1/2 out with dual Magnaflow 4" x 18" long rolled edge tips right next to each other.

·
Registered
116 Posts
DurangoGuy123 said:
i am pretty sure flowmaster is pieces and parts.. magnaflow and borla/mopar are the only full catbach good brand names out that have vehicle specific systems... like i said magnaflow install took about 40 minutes... probably less wasnt really keeping track...
Flowmaster has a complete catback set up for the Hemi. I love it and would highly recommend it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have the Flowmaster American Thunder (70 series) catback system and I really like the sound. As far as being aluminized, it's been on my Durango for over 20,000 miles and still looks fine. The tips are polished stainless steel and seem to be holding up pretty well also.

I think the whole exhaust question comes down to a matter of taste. I have used flowmasters on previous cars so I'm a little biased. I have heard the Magnaflow and the Borla and they both sound great. I say go with what sounds good to you and what your budget will allow. I would have loved to get the Borla, but at the time it was about $900 and the wife wasn't going to let that happen.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
i have the Flowmaster complete catback system and love it..good luck w/ Flowmaster's over the years w/ no problems...AND you get the one and only Flowmaster sound!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I would stay away from anything aluminum and stick with stainless.
Yea, those damn beer cans won't last very long! ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
But out here on the west coast we don't rust. Even steel looks good!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I wanted to drop one in but the wife said no since my stang has a super loud exhuast. I got the Volant intake and at WOT it sounds like an exhuast I have a vid but cannot post it yet due to being a new member here it is mustangtuningforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1195

·
Registered
576 Posts
It was a a dead street with no intersections. It was started at a standstill but looking at the vid again this thing really hauls a$$. I did not get a vid of stock setup but if you drive normal you cannot hear it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.