DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Josh
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well u can see what mods i have now, and im looking for opinions on what to do next im torn between doing headers which will b the edelbrock TES because im not dealing with the lt's, or a cam (i would need alot of help on this since i know little about engines). Which one will give me the biggest decrease in ET's? And im waiting to do a programmer till i see what comes about from bullydog and edge! Thanks alot for any input!! :D
 

·
I am Sean Connery...
Joined
·
4,789 Posts
headers, meth injection, you have no choice but to get the LTs because they will give you more torque which is usable power. also, try a set of 4.56 gears and a Viper e-fan. Good luck man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,800 Posts
Between mids and a cam, I would definately do a cam...HOWEVER...it will not run to its full potential unless you have some kind of programmer...I would go ahead and get the superchips!!
 

·
Hemi2nV
Joined
·
7,813 Posts
your going to need a programmer to run your cam. FYI. But just copy my mod list and you will be set. Trust me man you cant go wrong with the superchips flashpaq. My best mod for the buck so far.

I ran a 14.8 at cecil last year before my superchips and i know i can get a low 14 with it now.
 

·
Josh
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok ill listen to you once again matt, ill get superchips jeez!!! and what are your guys ideas on the new Aem Brute force headers coming out cause those would be perfect for me so i could keep my cats and still have long tubes?
 

·
Josh
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and not to be an a** buy everyone tells me how great the lt's are, but my problem is i cant but them on myself if i got a dt member to come here or me go there so they could help me do it than i would think further on getting them, this is the same with the cam i have no idea how to put it in, i just dont want to pay a billion dollars to get it put it, i mean i would have no problem driving to a fellow members house and paying them in beer or cash whichever they prefer to do these things once i order them!
 

·
Josh
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
right now im at college on the eastern shore at salisbury university, but my house is in Abingdon, maryland. I would have no problem driving up to 3 hours to go get some of these things done this winter espicially since gas has almost dropped a dollar here. And thanks hemiramon22's i know i was just thinking of getting the arc-1 with a nice cam shaft but idk much about all this so idk what im going to do.
 

·
ASE approved
Joined
·
8,862 Posts
rollinstnd420 said:
and not to be an a** buy everyone tells me how great the lt's are, but my problem is i cant but them on myself if i got a dt member to come here or me go there so they could help me do it than i would think further on getting them, this is the same with the cam i have no idea how to put it in, i just dont want to pay a billion dollars to get it put it, i mean i would have no problem driving to a fellow members house and paying them in beer or cash whichever they prefer to do these things once i order them!
well for a million $$ ill fly out and install what ever you want and just think you will save 999 million of that billion that you dontwanna pay there is a good deal for both of us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,898 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
Between mids and a cam, I would definately do a cam...HOWEVER...it will not run to its full potential unless you have some kind of programmer...I would go ahead and get the superchips!!
At one of our DT meets, someone installed a 6.1 cam with the stock manifolds and did a dyno run. They gained 20 rwhp but lost 9 ft/lbs of torque. They said it was due to not having headers. So, wouldn't headers, cam, and programmer go hand in hand?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,800 Posts
sandiegohemi said:
At one of our DT meets, someone installed a 6.1 cam with the stock manifolds and did a dyno run. They gained 20 rwhp but lost 9 ft/lbs of torque. They said it was due to not having headers. So, wouldn't headers, cam, and programmer go hand in hand?
Technically most mods do work better when combined with each other...anything that will help your motor breathe will hel pout when adding a bigger cam...so you are right, all those mods would make the cam gains even better.
 

·
Josh
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i know i should just save up and do it all at once i just am bad at saving money and im in college so that doesnt help me much, so the final vote is for superchips first, than headers, than cam?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,800 Posts
rollinstnd420 said:
i know i should just save up and do it all at once i just am bad at saving money and im in college so that doesnt help me much, so the final vote is for superchips first, than headers, than cam?
I would do Superchips, then cam, and then headers...LONGTUBES!!
 

·
Josh
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fine ill do the longtubes if someone if someone that has done this b4 will let me drive to them so they can help me out, so ill get the superchips on monday than get what cam should i get the 260?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,800 Posts
rollinstnd420 said:
fine ill do the longtubes if someone if someone that has done this b4 will let me drive to them so they can help me out, so ill get the superchips on monday than get what cam should i get the 260?
Go with the Comp 260 or the KRC 210...I hear that either one will work with just a Superchips tune.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,898 Posts
rollinstnd420 said:
i know i should just save up and do it all at once i just am bad at saving money and im in college so that doesnt help me much, so the final vote is for superchips first, than headers, than cam?
Personally, I'd wait a few more months before getting the programmer. There are several due on the market by Christmas and they may or may not ;) offer more than Superchips. Don't get me wrong, Superchips is an awesome product, but why not wait a couple more months and choose from 3 programmers rather than 1?

I guess it all depends where you want the power to come on. A cam will definitely help, as will headers. But I'd rather spend money (initially at least) getting my horses to the ground in a more efficient manner. Maybe look at a torque converter and some gears.
 

·
Josh
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
see the prob is i cant do those myself i would life to put a TC in my truck cause as matt has said that was his best mods yet, i mean matt how much did it cost to get yours installed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,898 Posts
What part of the country are you in? There are tons of knowledgeable guys on here that could help you. From what I've read, the install on a TC isn't that hard. Headers may be a pain with relocating your cats and welding stuff up - but doable if you can find someone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,800 Posts
rollinstnd420 said:
see the prob is i cant do those myself i would life to put a TC in my truck cause as matt has said that was his best mods yet, i mean matt how much did it cost to get yours installed?
$250 for install
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,898 Posts
Yeah, but Matt lives in Texas, where you can still buy a house for $100,000, pump oil from your backyard, and pay people with beer and bait! I'm kidding. But seriously, EVERYTHING costs less in Texas compared to a lot of places.

I keep thinking I need to go to Texas to get my gears installed because nobody here will do them for less than $1,000.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top