DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Rookie
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know after what I've done to my truck so recently to just get rid of it seems like a waste but with such a high lift it's killing me with the gas so I've been looking casually for awhile because I knew I would probably never go through with it but then I just stumbled on this: http://www.brandonjeep.com/used/Dodge/2005-Dodge-Ram+1500-7e56263f0a0a006501e6918fe1ac2478.htm
It seems like a dream come true to me because the offers I've gotten for my truck around here are about the same as the price for this... And it's 4x4! ANd a Daytona! =D

P.S. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Throw some gears at it depending what cha got it may help with gas a little. I dont like the daytona and it wont be to long into owning it that you'd start doing stuff with it and be right back where you are now with gas and its probly not gonna be much better from the get anyways.

·
Rookie
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if I got the Daytona I would only crank the T bars and get new shocks so I wouldn't effect my MPG anywhere near as much as now. I literally get about 8 mpg in the city now. Plus the Daytona would already have better gears than I have now as well.

·
BEE Ready!
1,274 Posts
You'll not regret getting the daytona! I live the body styling on these trucks with the gfx kit on them. However, if your planning on lifting it, pass it up. They look stupid with the gfx up in the air, and actually I think they should come stock already lowered. I'd level my rear end if I had both the time and money, but I'm trying to prioritize mods. :ugh

·
Rookie
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well in all honesty I only want it for the 4x4. It being a Daytona is just a plus but I plan on using the 4x4 which is why I want it

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
damn that is pretty bad.
Idk man its on you I'm just not liking alot stuff on those compared to the 08.

·
Rookie
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you mean? What don't you like?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
just some of the small things I dont like as much like the grill,headlights,bumper under the lights and the body line on the side of the bumper,the tail lights but I think thats just cause I'm used to the newer ones but hate that the chevy's have the same tail lights, I like the inside just a bit better as well. The ground effects on a truck are dumb I think and even dumber that its just a apperance package right? I dont like the flower pedals. I believe there's less tuning options as well but that might be the 03's. Thats about it. lol

·
Rookie
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I'll admit I like our headlights better than the 02-05 ones and I plan on ripping off the chrome crap on the tail lights and VHTing them. I was also considering seeing if I could convince them to swap my wheels for the daytona ones because I hate the flower power ones too. But I dont mind the gfx and the 05 tuning is just as open as the 08

·
BEE Ready!
1,274 Posts
Yea I'll admit I like our headlights better than the 02-05 ones and I plan on ripping off the chrome crap on the tail lights and VHTing them. I was also considering seeing if I could convince them to swap my wheels for the daytona ones because I hate the flower power ones too. But I dont mind the gfx and the 05 tuning is just as open as the 08
It's not chrome, t's apart of the daytona package. It's painted to match the body, and I think on a silver truck it looks pretty awesome. I didn't like mine to much being yellow, but I still have the old taillights if I ever decide to revert back to the original look. To each their own, but not only will the truck look poor it's lifted, but the gfx will become an issue if you say you plan on using the 4x4. I've seen some bees that peole wreck into snow banks and smash up the gfx and it's very expensive to replace and the dealer is the only place you danger them.

Those are the correct wheels. There is no such thing as daytona wheels, just the factory 20's that come on all the high grade reg ram's, daytonas, rumble bees, GTXs, and hemi sports. The only ram that ever came with factory wheels that where more sought after is the SRT-10.

It is however missing the daytona wing. It extends off of the stripe similar to the SRT wing but it is larger.

Just some things to think about. ;)

·
Kind of an 03
2,190 Posts
N1K hit it on the head daytonas shouldn't be lifted looks pretty out of place. Lifting those or rumble bees are kinda odd imo..

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would keep looking. If your going to level and put bigger tires on it then why not look for a SLT quad cab. I found my truck with 30k on it and $2k less, and even with my mod's I'm still in to it for less than the Daytona.
Just my opinion :D Daytona's look great lowered, not raised.

Kevin :gr_patrio

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
I think you're splitting hairs here, good luck on your decision.

·
Daytona 8398
946 Posts
I got my Daytona with just over 52K and for over 5K less then the one your thinking about. It just maybe your in FL and I am from PA but bought my truck in NJ. I love the Daytona package and that is the main reason why I got her but also I couldn't pass on the price. The spoiler is missing off of the truck and not that you need it but IMO it makes the truck look like a Daytona. I have no regrets with my truck and only had one issue with mine and it was a factory issue but that it is. Mine still has the stock hight to it because I don't like lowered trucks but that is me, if anything I would level mine out maybe down the road I will.

If you current truck is lifted why not lower it to help with your MPG's, just a thought.

·
Rookie
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would just buy a normal 4x4 ram if I could find one but this the only 4x4 around me for a decent price. And I know the wing is missing so I could use that to talk down the price if anything. And I personally think it looks good lifted with the gfx but I know where ya'll are coming from on the using it as a 4x4 part but we don't have too steep of angles down here in FL so I'm not too worried about knocking it off. It's just an idea I've been playing around with. I've also found an 04 Jeep GC around here too so I was looking into that as well so I could get some better mpgs

·
Registered
612 Posts
Something to think about...If you decide on the Daytona, those body kits are highly sought after. If you decided to lift it and all, you could easily sell the body kit and the factory wheels to help pay for the lift and new wheels/tires.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.