DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Daytona #8457
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and I noticed that they have this cool little Detroit Diesel meter on there that shows their idle time and their MPG... I though I had it bad one day with 9.4 mpg... this thing is getting an average of 3.6 mpg. and that isn't just one bus. most of the buses I have ridden are about the same. Just got me thinking what yalls worst and best gas mileage was?

~Dodge Guy~

· Registered
282 Posts
I drive a school bus for a living. For the 59 miles I drive my route each day, it's about 12 gallons per day.(It's a total of 104 stops for the day between 2 runs am&pm). I have a 66 gallon tank in the bus. So I get roughly 5 mpg. A bit less during the winter when super cold-they get started for us by 5:30 if the temp dips below 15º. So they run about a hour before we hit the roads to get them heated(and to make sure they can start).

Nell

· All Around Great Guy
12,739 Posts
I am averagine about 8.9mpg in 98 percent city driving beating on it... My concrete mixer gets about 1.9 to 2.3 mpg

· Undercover ninja
289 Posts
I get about 16 mpg with moderate driving. The best I've ever gotten was 21.6 mpg on a 120 mile trip. Worst I've ever gotten was about 9 mpg for about 75 miles, when I was running it hard from every stoplight just to see how bad it would get.

· Registered
641 Posts
The truck I work on (Pumper Ladder 10) gets about 3 mpg.

· Registered
781 Posts
i get 11-12 when i tow my boat but on long freeway trips i get 18 + thanks to MDS

· Sysco
259 Posts
As an average I get about 12mpg when I had the travel trailer it was 7mpg towing it, My work truck single drive axle international 8600 with a 35' or 28' reefer, 10-20 stops per day and idle time I get about 6mpg.

JP

· Registered
576 Posts
I got 30+ going downhill with tail wind :D

I really average 13-14 mix city/highway

· Registered
378 Posts
I regularly get 27mpg US running empty if I hold the speed down to 55. (indicated and calculated)
'07 5.9 Cummins in quad cab 2500 long box. 3.73 auto

Worst I've done so far with the Dodge was around 9mpg indicated. That was pulling a hay wagon with fourteen 1800 pound bales on it. Only at about 20mph though, so not a good test.

But I have a gas powered International farm tractor that'll go through 35 gallons in 3 hours and that's running at around 4 mph. So around 3mpg.

Had an old Kenworth highway tractor for years that only could do about 55mph flat out, it got 3.8mpg bobtailing, and down as low as 2.5 with a loaded trailer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.