DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a New Ramsey winch about a month ago ...one of those deals you just cant pass up and i built the type of cradle i wanted for it get finished and head up to the house to go eat something and relax with the tv and a few cold ones since the lil woman is doin homework tonight

well i get my pizza and a sixpack delivered since a buddy of mine works there and he was getin off work,,,i sit down and take a bite reach for a beer and my phone rings...its about 10:00PM, one of the guys i wheel with is in a lil deep so to speak

he was rock climbing and slid his xj on a rocky hill in the abandoned stripmine we play in during the winter and the front of his jeep is underwater(stalled instantly) and apparently sinking fast, he manages to hold it with the brakes while his passenger get out and anchors i to a tree with a strap, they get out climb up the hill and call me, keep in mind its pouring...

so being the friend i am i put mybeer in the fridge
i throw on my big rubber shit kickers grab my flashlight connect the new winch and proceed to head out

when i get there you cant see most of the hood or front tires and peeking inside you cant see pedals or seat brackets

anchoring my truck to a tree at the top just in case i start to spool out the cable get probably a good 50-60 feet of cable out and hook it up

i basically drug this dead jeep up a hill that you needed to use the winch cable to pull yourself back up the hill without breaking a sweat (after getting back to the ram) the truck did awesome, winch was worth the money and pumped roughly 3 qt of water out of a 4.0 xj engine and another 10+ gallon out of the interior

love that Ramsey

winch mount

on truck

jeep in his garage(notice the water line)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Don't see the pics. Is it my cpu?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
nice, you definetly a good friend to go dig someone out at 10pm, lol. that winch looks mean on the front of your truck.

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
I can't see the pictures either.. but that is cause I am at work. I will have to view at home. Good story! Hope you got to enjoy your beer when you got home. :)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
probably using it again tomorrow, hehe...we finally got some accumulation here. friend said its drifted between 18" to 30" up on the mountain, so tomorrow here we come:rck:

still do enjoy jeep fishing :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
The Ramseys are a nice deal. Which one's yours, the 9.5 ? I'm currently running a 12, but I'll need to get a new cable soon[too much use]. It is nice that they don't draw too much, but they will heat up a bit faster[just another spot to keep lunch warm, right].

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i love it just used it again on a ferd hehe

my uncle is runin an old re12000 ****er wont die lol

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
another good night in some fresh lake effect powder

i live for this shit!

·
Registered
174 Posts
It is quite fun, only drag[hehe] I found is when it's cold and raining, or when the person you pull out is a bit of a stuck up jerk.
You need to weigh that line, just in case. Extra jacket with deep pockets works and it can be used as a dirty jacket. If you keep a well built toolbox that has some weight to it, a wire loop with bullsnaps on the end works great. Loop around the line and lock onto the handle.

Should almost be a Recon Ram Club

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
there is a 20' tow strap on the cable near the middle, just have about 70' of cable out lol

·
Registered
174 Posts
Cool. I've seen a few lines snap or break loose, it's not pretty. Still not quite the carnage of a dredging line going on a trawler but it can be just as gruesome as there could be spectators.
I usually carry 3 and use 2 minimum. I still get caught not using one every now and again, on so called easy[or wimpy] pulls.
I think my next addition is going to be that hand held battery unit by warn. It would really help on sidehill pulls.

·
Country Boy
771 Posts
dude I want that reciever hitch and your craddle/winch set up for my truck. that has bad ass written a ll over it!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i can build you one
pm me if youre interested

·
Registered
174 Posts
The group gets bigger.
I like how in the second pic it looks like your truck has eyes behind the grill and is sticking its red tongue out at the other trucks.
Here's mine :

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
not bad ....just need some altitude

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice

1 - 18 of 18 Posts