DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so it was a fast move but im glad i went to a muffler shop and talked bout dual exhaust on my D and we were talking got it on a lift to show were i wanted the tip bc i couldnt be there the next day and just asked if i wanted it done so..i got a super 40 SI/DO wit 3 1/2 tips on ma gurl. no she pursssss i think once i get the intake and all itll only get better what should i do next?? or wht would compliment my exhaust the best??

·
Registered
609 Posts
throttle body spacer and cold air intake made my truck have a deep bass sound . but i have a 450 hemi and striate shot exh. whit one flow master. but thats my $0.02

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Throttle body spacers = snake oil. They do nothing. Save your money.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Warren, how bout the cold air intake ? worth the money? piece of junk?¿ makes weird noises?¿

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
get the cold air intake.... just be careful which filter you add

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
What HE said...lol

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
If you want to continue to hear your exhaust purr, just get a K+N drop in filter, because the cold air intake will drown it out with hissing. What's your trucks specs?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my truck is a 4.7 wee lil V-8 in her but w.e but yea i was wondering theres a winding sound it makes i dont kno wht it is it made it since i got it and stock exhaust its not bad like or anything *i dont think* but it sounds like a supercharger and i hear it over the exhaust some.. is this all D or wht i dont knooo

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
you have to be more specific on the sound, can you record it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
umm maybe im busy the next few days but its like when you give it gas its like a supercharger winding the air and maybe sorta hissin of a CAI in that area its something with the engine/air intake because i changed the exhaust and it aint there but its hard to explain

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
I have no problem hearing my exhaust over the CAI Biggy... :D

If you have an 02 or earlier model, you can do this I believe: Take the intake box & tube off, leaving the resonator attached to the TB. You can then strap a K&N cone filter to the resonator and save the money on the fancy tubing. Granted you'll be getting some of the hottest air in the compartment, but in reality, there are no power gains from the CAI vs. Stock air box. There was a MPG improvement for me though and several others. Anyway, just a thought.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Hummm...hot air...yes, we do have a problem with THAT around here sometimes (mostly ME).

LMAO

·
Certifiable User
284 Posts
I just dropped in Fram's version of the k&N. Called Air Hog I believe. No CAI for me. Made a nice difference. Get much better air flow and a little better mileage. Can hear it a little but it's not something thats going to drown out your exhaust tone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.