DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers on a 16x8 rim. I love the tire/wheel combo on dry dirt roads, great stability and traction with the wider stance. But, if there is any snow or mud, grab the O.S. bar quick :YO:! Last weekend I got stuck in a snow drift behind my cabin (only b/c I don't have a winch, on an iced incline) an S-10 ended up pulling me out, my ego can't take much more after that :bawl:. Yesterday, I couldn't make it to the cabin b/c of drift that was roughly 50 yrds long and 2' deep. Someone had already been through it, but I didn't want to go through same b.s. like last weekend.
So, the 12k lb. winch is on the way and this is what I want to do for the tires, let me know what you think. Save the current set up for summer and go to the oringinal wheel size 16x6.5 with a 235/85/16 Maxiss Buckshot mudder and get some heavy duty two link v-bar chains. With the addition of the winch, narrower chained tires and a hit to the wallet, I would hope to think I would be able to get up to the cabin whenever and through whatever. Is the 235 too small for regular driving? This winter set would go on once the snow flies and stay on until mid May. Thanks!

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
buckshots are great in the snow i ran them on my jeep

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.