DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1 TIM 6:12 Fight RIGHT!!
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not remember this was happening till we got our first significant snow this year. Every time I open the driver's door and there is snow build up on the truck, even if I clean it off around the door, that inital vacuum condition sucks the snow in and down from the top seal of the door and it falls RIGHT ON THE WINDOW/LOCK control panel of the door!!!! :VHOT: This CAN'T be good for the connections in there. I've tried everything to make this to NOT HAPPEN but it still does........ I don't have the luxury of parking in a garage (the spousal unit's Suburban is already there!) so this is a common problem for the next 6 months. Has anyone that lives in a snow area figured a way around this? Or am I the only one this is happening to?

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
I too hate the snow drift problem! The best part is what doesn't end up on your window lock pannel ends up on your seat. Your not the only one with this problem. I'm just glad I have a garage, and my run in with this issue is limited.

·
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"I too hate the snow drift problem! The best part is what doesn't end up on your window lock pannel ends up on your seat. Your not the only one with this problem. I'm just glad I have a garage, and my run in with this issue is limited."
I HATE YOU!! LOL :D I'm glad it's not just me. Thanks for reminding me of the seat deal....... You know it's funny when I do scam some garage time for wrenching, my truck (QC SB) is LOOONGER than our 96 Suburban!! If I have the 2" receiver on I can't close the garage door. I never would have figured it was that long of a truck.
Anyhoo, how is the 72 project doing? Found any hidden problems that were NOT seen on inital look over?

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
Honestly the 72 hasn't had much done to it other than new tires and one new wheel (the spare was a 15" rim, the rest of the wheels are 16"). The dash lights don't work, so I need to get that fixed (I am not an electrician, so that will be somebody else's project). Other than that, it's pretty straight. I look forward to spending some time on it this winter in my garage when hunting season is over.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Before you open your door(s) wipe your hand across the top of the door. I do this when it snows hard when I am at work. Its garage kept at home 100% of the time.
I also keep a rag under my seat in case the switches on the door get a little wet.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
This has been a known problem since the first winter of 02 I think. :) I never had much of a problem with snow except for the one time I took my truck to Tahoe in the winter season. Usually its pollen and small leaves if I park under trees during fall. I open the door and all this crap falls down onto my seat area or door panel.

KB

·
Absolutely
6,742 Posts
funinak said:
I did not remember this was happening till we got our first significant snow this year. Every time I open the driver's door and there is snow build up on the truck, even if I clean it off around the door, that inital vacuum condition sucks the snow in and down from the top seal of the door and it falls RIGHT ON THE WINDOW/LOCK control panel of the door!!!! :VHOT: This CAN'T be good for the connections in there. I've tried everything to make this to NOT HAPPEN but it still does........ I don't have the luxury of parking in a garage (the spousal unit's Suburban is already there!) so this is a common problem for the next 6 months. Has anyone that lives in a snow area figured a way around this? Or am I the only one this is happening to?
you know it is a pain in the [email protected]# when this happens, but you know you are glad you're having this problem because it means we are getting closer to riding :rck: . generally what i do is wipe the top off door then open the first inch real slow. it seems to ease the vacum.

P.S. when you did your fog light mod did you cut both tabs at the base of the 9005?

·
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nickd907 said:
you know it is a pain in the [email protected]# when this happens, but you know you are glad you're having this problem because it means we are getting closer to riding :rck: . generally what i do is wipe the top off door then open the first inch real slow. it seems to ease the vacum.

P.S. when you did your fog light mod did you cut both tabs at the base of the 9005?
Nick,
Yeah I've found that if you REMEMBER to open the door slow it does help along with wiping as much off as possible. BUT most of the time my snow brush is INSIDE the truck!! GO FIGURE :thatfunny

AND.YES you have to grind down BOTH tabs on the inside of the 9005 bulb for them to fit right. The single tab on the 9006 is directly in the middle and the two tabs in the 9005 are lined up on either side of the center! LMK when you get it done and what you think.

·
"I'll go all in."
626 Posts
Its very aggrivating. I try to wipe the snow off the top of the door, but I always end up with snow on my seat anyways. Thinking about getting one of those covers made for winter that just covers the windows(not a full car cover)... but if I go back to Va soon, I won't need it and if I remember correctly they are kind of pricey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.