Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
sweet, To much torque to keep the camera in the right spot

·
Registered
101 Posts
Have never heard of it,but I am very interested in what your results are.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Pyro shows 170F increase. Be sure to glance at it while testing.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I'm guessing no air or not enough air = unburt fuel = smoke

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But the wierd thing is the boost! Why didnt the boost build? Sorry, I didnt get to do the switch yet, I had too many other things to do that involved the truck so I just plugged the sensor back in. Out of town all weekend, school and rodeo tomorrow, out of town tuesday, school wednesday, gone thursday. Maybe while im at the rodeo I can sneak away for a while and find an outlet to plug in my solder gun. Or just borrow dads converter:D Ill post asap.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Too much fuel & smoke cool the combustion process and doesn't spin the turbo for a few seconds...severe lag.

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I did the switch and it worked......... kinda

Ok, here is the deal. I ran the wires just like the guy in the vid did and I was fixin to run it and I got to thinking how are you gonna do any good with wires that are still touching? So I took it for a drive and low and behold it worked. With the switch off and truck in neutral when I hammer on the throttle it smokes very little. With the switch on I hammer on it and it blows. When I put it in drive and hold the brake to build boost with the switch on the read out shows no boost but I can hear the turbo spooling. With the switch off th shows the turbo boost building. I did some driving and I was going bout 40mph with the switch on and started laying into it once I was locked up. I flipped the switch off and I could feel my truck gain power. Flip it off and it lost the power. So I took it for some test runs from 0-60.

1st 8.4 sec switch on
2nd 8.9sec switch off
3rd 8.9sec switch on
4th 8.9sec switch off

Only thing I can think is first run teh trans fluid may have been thicker or just aint run it that hard in a while.

Conclusion: A smoke switch is exactly what you think it is. When you are just sitting and your turn it on and hit the throttle you smoke way more, when you have it off it doesn't. Maybe someone else will do it and post how theirs turned out... Hint Hint;)

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
kewl I guess?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I'm waitin' for you to try it first...:cheerl:

·
Registered
485 Posts
okay i know a little about cummins so does the switch just open the wastegate so it doesnt build boost and that in turn makes the smoke bc its not burning the fuel

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pretty much so. It still builds boost, I can hear the turbo spooling but when I flip the switch off it wakes up. Its a pointless mod, and im thinkin bout takin it out. Just need a switch to replace that one:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
what i thought a smoke switch did was tell the computer that you had full boost all the time, so it would dump fuel into the cyclinders, causing it to smoke. but those videos arent making any sense to me because if your computer saw no boost it would cut back on fuel, so more air not enough fuel.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
what i thought a smoke switch did was tell the computer that you had full boost all the time, so it would dump fuel into the cyclinders, causing it to smoke. but those videos arent making any sense to me because if your computer saw no boost it would cut back on fuel, so more air not enough fuel.
thats what the switch does it makes your truck stupid

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kinda sorta I guess, Im still trying to figure it out. When im feeding up an incline I will flip it on and it will feel like it loss a shit load a power. Turn it off and it kicks back on. Still playin....

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
i wonder what the hell it does man:dunno:

and, i wonder if ya can do this to a Quad, if so, i'll test it on mine:D(when i gets it:secret2:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.