DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ,,I've read and read about all these chips and programmers and my head hurts ,lol

The Smarty jr seems like a good way to go but I want gauges to go with .
The 4x4 shop I go to here in Calgary is suggesting the Edge with attitude as it has gauges with it .

my truck is an 06 2500 CTD ,I have the AEM Brute Force Intake
Magnaflow 5" Turbo back Exhaust
37" BFG's on stock wheels
procomp 6" suspension lift
Going in for the 3" P.A. body lift in a week
That is when the edge would be installed as well ,with the body lift.
I pull a small trailer for work ,a landscapers trailer that I have closed in for roofing equiptment .
only weighs about 2500 pounds

I've been scared to chip it or anything because of the issues with trannys and such but now with the bigger wheels I think I'm ready to go for it .

Now of course I could get some decent gauges installed and then go with whatever programmer or chip I wish .

What do you think ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I go with the Smarty I should get a set of gauges installed first eh ?

No 06 Edge with Attitude users going to chime in here ? Happy with the product ? not really ?

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Calgary Cummins said:
If I go with the Smarty I should get a set of gauges installed first eh ?

No 06 Edge with Attitude users going to chime in here ? Happy with the product ? not really ?

yeah i would get a set of gauges install, smarty claims that you dont need them with the smarty jr; however, i would just be safe and get them plus smarty jr is on sale right now

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how about the quality of gauges that the edge provides ,is the lcd screen crap ? accuracy ok?

is this a do it yourself install ?

Does Bully dog have a better gauge setup ?

I think a good set of gauges before or included with the programmer is important .
I hope to not screw anything up :D

So many choices ,,seems like everbody likes the one they use ,figures it is the best one .

·
16oz. to freedom!
1,106 Posts
Smarty all the way.

·
cummins diesel
156 Posts
looks like im the only one that runs the edge juice with attitude hot and i like it works good gauges are there only thing is its a bit more then the other one but by the time u instal gauges to go with it the edge is cheeper cuz gauges are like 800 instald for trany egt boost but your call there both good products

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats what makes me want to go with the edge ,the gauges included.
Did you install it yourself ?
Pretty straight forward ?

·
Registered
140 Posts
The Edge Juice W/ Attitude is very simple to hook up....the only thing that requires the most time is drilling and tapping the exhaust manifold for the EGT probe...other than that its just a matter of snapping together a couple of connectors, and running the wire thru your firewall for the monitor.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
good to know ,
I was going to get it installed when they install my body lift but I think I will just order one up and save some bucks by doing it myself .

·
cummins diesel
156 Posts
ya its not that hard ive had mine in and out 4 times already and it takes an hour but its not bad the worst in the exhaust whole u gotta drill and oil the bit and the back injector wire harness is a bit hard to get at but its not bad and theres a turbo timer under the stiring colum u gotta get at i really like mine 5 levels on the fly i payed for the 6th but u can run it on level 3 all day long as long as your not towing like 10,000 pounds or the egts are over 1350

·
Joe E
546 Posts
Im happy with my edge juice/attitude. Been in since about 3 months after I bought the truck in early 06. Never had a glitch. I do think that other chips put out alittle more power tho. But they also have more problems with it. I stacked the juice with the EZ and it helps the bottom end a bit more. but you will get alota soot and higher egts.

Joe E.

·
Joe E
546 Posts
Just a thought. Ive been thinking about buying a bully dog triple dog just to try something different. Any interest in a 99% perfect juice/attitude for an 06? lol
Joe E.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Smartypower states that with the jr on max power which is 100hp you will get a reducion of 200degrees F even towing up to GCWR, how can this be achieved, is it something on the fueling or something like that?

If I have the quadzilla XZT box, do I need to remove it to install the JR?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.