Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I know there is the truxxx leveling kit out there, but im looking for something that might give me about 4" up front and 2" in the back to get a level lift that can fit 35's with decent space in between the tire and wheel well.

I have an 05' 1500 RC 4x4.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
gorancho.com

4" kit, fits 35's nicely

·
Registered
57 Posts
Rough Country also make a 4 - 6 inch kit. Better price than rancho and it includes the shocks!! Got a good write up in 4 wheeler magazine this month.

·
5,089 Posts
I believe rough country's kit is an actual 6" kit

he wants' 4" front 2" rear, not 6" front 4" rear

which, as low as 1500's sit, I think you should go with a 6" for the same price as a 4" too

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Rough Country kit comes with either 2 or 3 inch blocks for the rear(your choice) Suposedly if you want the 4 inch lift you go with the 2 inch blocks in the rear and if you want the 5 1/2 - 6 inch you go with the 3 inch blocks in the rear and crank up the front a bit. Just going by what I read. In this months magazine they did the 4 inch with 35's and it looked real nice!! Its weird how alot of these company's state a 6 inch lift and the rear blocks are any where from 1.5 inches to 4.5 inches. Havent quite figured that one out yet. :dunno:

·
5,089 Posts
Superlift's 2500 lift is real 6"

6" front 4" block in the rear :D

·
dozerpilot
131 Posts
Rough Country is a 4-5.5" lift kit. I really like mine. Just bolt it on, get it aligned, and you're good to go. No drilling or cutting. I only put 2 or 3 turns on the bars, and used 2" blocks when I installed mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dozer,

i want to basically model my truck after yours. 4" with 35's. Did u have to regear? what kind of mileage do u get with the 35's? How much did that flowmaster setup cost you?

Lots of questions, i have the Reg Cab too, 4x4 hemi in mineral gray.

·
dozerpilot
131 Posts
I haven't regeared yet. My financial advisor (the wife) has cut me off for the time being. You probably wouldn't ever have to, but I think I might get back some MPGs and a little low end snap. I don't really even miss the little bit of power lost, but right now, the truck doesn't shift when it should. MPGs went from about 15 city/19.5 hwy to 11/14. Gears would likley help. My exhaust cost around $300 done by a local shop. Good luck man, gotta love the RC/SB 4Xs.

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
So did you put the lift on or did you have someone else do it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dozerpilot,

I like the look of those dual pipes on your truck, how does that exhaust sound when you get on it??? I was thionking of going true duals as well!

·
dozerpilot
131 Posts
I think it sounds good. It's not that loud in the cab, but it's pretty loud outside. I don't really ever get to hear my truck drive by. I just have to take my buddies' word that it sounds good.

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
dozerpilot your truck looks bad ass especially in the first pic

·
Registered
244 Posts
Dozer I saw your truck on dodgetruckworld and I decided to get the same kit (in the mail currently) becuase I liked yours. I got a QC but it will still look good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the 4" rancho on my 05 R/C with 35" BFGs...looks great rides nice and I couldn't go any higher because my short *** works out of the back of it all day long

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
redhemirc said:
I have the 4" rancho on my 05 R/C with 35" BFGs...
Pics??

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.