DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 96 Dakota V-8 .318 and it run out of gas but i refilled up and engine starts and turn over fine but will not run.I found out there is no fuel pressure
and check the filter and fuse and relay´s but nothing looks wrong there.The next think to do was to take off the fueltank and look for broken wires or the fuelpump is out of order.Wires look´s fine but i will not have power to the fuelpump but if i connect directly to pump it´s run fine.What i shall do next step is a question for me because i do not know what is a hell is wrong with my car and it is making me crazy.I used to love this car but now i am thinking about to throw it to the harbor because i have spent lot a money to find this out and put the car to a service and they have not yet find out what is wrong after a 4 days in a garage there and i know the Will be a huge bill for that.So if anyone have a idea and have been trough such a trouble like this please send me a note on my e-mail or contact me on my msn.

[email protected]

Greetings from Iceland :VHOT:

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
I believe there is a fuse for the fuel pump in the fuse box. It's possible that that has blown. The only other thing to try is replacing the fuel pump relay.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
small problem get BIG

I have looked for burned fuse and also change the fuelpump relay but nothing works

·
Registered
8 Posts
im not sure but i think theres an inertia (sp.) switch that shuts power off to the fuel pump incase of an accident...sometimes a big bump can cause these to pop

·
Registered
30 Posts
Its odd that it the problem started after running out of fuel, but a known common problem is a wire splice on the left fender well underneath washer fluid tank. It gives B+ to two other wires that feed the ASD and Fuel pump relay. It usually corrodes and separates. The wires harness that runs down the left fender well toward the backs sometimes rubs through on the edge of the wheel well. I hopes this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.