DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference, i know sxt doesnt have 3rd seat but other than that what is the difference between the two models. And if anybody has the 4.7v8 please post your mpg.

Thanks

· Registered
1,410 Posts
I didn't even know there was an SXT model until I came on this site. I know in Canada, there is no SXT model. I realize you're in WA though. From looking at the exterior of the SXT, it looks like there are no fog lights. That may be an option you can get though. I know with the SLT/Adventurer/LTD, the fog lights are included. I think the SXT has cheaper wheels, and a black bumper too instead of a body color bumper.

I'm sure there are others who can explain the differences much better than I....

· fish on
2,114 Posts
sxt has cheaper seats at least thats what my but thinks the bumpers are greyish black its bare bones in side no 3ed row we are getting 14or so in the city 17-19 highway but you can make em look good

Attachments

· Registered
12 Posts
I am getting around 300 miles per tank of mostly city driving.
The main diff's I have come to realize are some interior accessoiries.
NO OVERHEAD CONSOLE
NO FOG LIGHTS
SPEAKERS ARE COAXIAL, NO TWEETERS IN THE DOORS.

· Registered
91 Posts
I have a 4.7 (SLT, 4x4). Just finished a 3,000+ mile roadtrip, loaded down and pulling a popup camper. Got about 15-16 mpg. Plenty of power, though, even over high mountain passes. I've gotten as high as 19 mpg on the highway without the trailer. City driving usually gets me about 15.

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
The SXT is really just a slightly enhanced ST and does not come with a third row seat standard, but can be ordered with one as an option. It's offered as a 2wd or 4wd, and with a V6 or a 4.7-liter V8.

The SLT adds body-colored bumpers, chrome side mouldings, larger alloy wheels and tires, a standard roof rack, woodgrain trim in the dash, much more plush cloth on the seats, and of course the standard third-row with rear air.

There is some overlap in the pricing which allows you to get a Durango SXT with a V8 and third-row/rear air for the same price as an SLT with a V6. To me, the SXT is the better value there.

· Registered
335 Posts
In the 1st generation Durango the SXT had an appearance package (fog lights, running boards etc) that made it look every bit the part of an SLT with options - HOWEVER, the previous generation D SXT offered only PART TIME 4WD for loose or slippery surfaces only; thus the wheels are locked in 4WD and can not turn at different speeds - one wheel must slip when they are not going in the same direction. You can tear up driveline components quickly if you engage a 4WD PART TIME system on a surface that does not allow enough slipage.
Again, this was true of the first generation Durango - I am unsure if this is true of the new/2nd generation but I mention so you can be sure to check it out.

· Registered
1,440 Posts
i'm a LIMITED man myself :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.