DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used an SLP loudmouth resonator on their hemi? I know they sound friggin awesome on the mustangs and camaros/trans am's. Just tossin the idea around. Im gettin my hemi within a month and it wont have the stock exhaust when it pulls in my driveway.

· Registered
1,357 Posts
my buddy has full slp loud mouth setup on his cobra....he got booted from the track for his car being to loud..it hit 96dbs at 3800rpms he tried to sneak by, by keeping the rpm's low but it still didnt work

they system is REDICULOUSLY loud but does sound awesome, one complaint is it gives off alil bit of a rasp whihc im not a big fan of coming from the import world thats the one thing i tried my hardest to steer clear of

· Registered
160 Posts
Who needs a resonator, go with the straight pipe!

· Registered
4 Posts
Off topic a bit but I have a 98 up LS1 Fbody SLP loudmouth on my 92 Z28 and it is LOUD! It's nothing more than straight pipe and a resonator. I don't think it would be worth the effort to make that kit fit, get a resonator and have a shop mandrel bend you some tubing but prepare for it to be obnoxiously loud.

Here's what the Z28 and SLP Loudmouth sound like in action.

I have a video w/ sound but evidentally you can't post links?

· Banned
7,225 Posts
05RamSLT said:
Off topic a bit but I have a 98 up LS1 Fbody SLP loudmouth on my 92 Z28 and it is LOUD! It's nothing more than straight pipe and a resonator. I don't think it would be worth the effort to make that kit fit, get a resonator and have a shop mandrel bend you some tubing but prepare for it to be obnoxiously loud.

Here's what the Z28 and SLP Loudmouth sound like in action.

I have a video w/ sound but evidentally you can't post links?
IM me on kappaball.. i want to see the vid.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, im not a huge fan of the raspiness...would an SLP or a Dynomax Bullet or a 3030 aeroturbine dumped in front of the passenger rear wheel sound tough? ive always just used flowmaster straight out the back so im not sure what the race mufflers would sound like dumped

· Registered
1,357 Posts
any straight through design is going to sound raspy...your going to need an actually muffler or a HUGE resonator (which then essentially becomes a muffler) to stop rasp i

mopar muscle if your looking for all out mean go with your flowmasters and dump those 40 series if you want everyone to hear it or 50 seiries if you want to tone it down alil (but not much) i think that would be your best bet i have a magnaflow and it sounds too refined for my truck but the flowmaster should sound asesome

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey thanks for the input, i think i will just dump the 40 before the right rear wheel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.