DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Tape On
817 Posts
Unless something radical has changed with the rotors on our trucks, don't they go on just one way?

· MORE! MORE! MORE!
3,627 Posts
I thought they were suppost to go on the other way Matt.

· Registered
2,632 Posts
it depends on the brand. i believe the powerslots go like matt showed and the baer rotors are the opposite.

· Registered
13,585 Posts
I would put them on like Matt, my cross drilled ones are facing the same direction on either vehicle I have them on. Brembo's have a marking on the rotor with a directional arrow.

· Tape On
817 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
Slotted rotors are directional.
OK, so our rotors are of a two piece design which requires the rotor to be bolted to the hub and can be bolted with the slots going either direction, Right? Just asking since I haven't had to do the brakes yet.

· Registered
28,764 Posts
67Cuda said:
OK, so our rotors are of a two piece design which requires the rotor to be bolted to the hub and can be bolted with the slots going either direction, Right? Just asking since I haven't had to do the brakes yet.
The stock rotors are not slotted. The ones this guy is installing are aftermarket rotors.

· Tape On
817 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
The stock rotors are not slotted. The ones this guy is installing are aftermarket rotors.
So help me here understand. If you have rotors that have a hub and they are one piece, how can they be installed any other way than how they are cast? Unless, they are a two piece design with the rotor being able to be mounted with the slots going in either direction?

· Registered
28,764 Posts
67Cuda said:
So help me here understand. If you have rotors that have a hub and they are one piece, how can they be installed any other way than how they are cast? Unless, they are a two piece design with the rotor being able to be mounted with the slots going in either direction?
They ship in pairs...1 right hand and 1 left hand...Each rotor is cut different like directional tires, so it is very possible to install them backwards.

17,103 Posts
The rotors are a one piece design and DO NOT include the hub. Once you take the caliper off the rotor falls off. The slotted and drilled rotors ARE directional, but can be put on on either side of the truck. You need to make sure that they are installed on the correct side or they might crack due to heat build up. If the rotors you received did not have instructions, check the rotors themselves, they should be stamped as to which side they go on. If you cannot find anything, then call the manufacturer. I can tell you that the Power Slots are installed as shown in Matt's picture.

· Tape On
817 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
They ship in pairs...1 right hand and 1 left hand...Each rotor is cut different like directional tires, so it is very possible to install them backwards.
Ding!, Ding!, Ding!, Ding!. I understand now, LOL. Thanks for your patience 450!

· Registered
2,632 Posts
like i said before, the direction of the slots depends on the brand of the rotors. it does matter which way the are installed. check with the manufacturer on how to properly install them.

· Brad
1,753 Posts
did these make a difference? i almost bought some, but a guy with an 03 hemi qc said he bought the slotted and drilled rotors, top end ones, and he said he felt no difference at all

· Registered
2,632 Posts
bradleykavin said:
did these make a difference? i almost bought some, but a guy with an 03 hemi qc said he bought the slotted and drilled rotors, top end ones, and he said he felt no difference at all
u wont feel a difference one just slotted rotors. its mainly for better cooling. u might get a little more bite with them, but not much. high quality ceramic pads is where you feel a stopping difference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.