DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, the automatic transmission in my truck seems to slip after a long period (45 minutes +) of city driving. As I rarely drive in the city that long, or drive the highway now with this problem, I was wondering about possible repairs. This has only happened twice, and both times I checked the fluid level, and added as needed. There also seems to be no visible leaking.

Will having the transmission fluid flushed, and a new filter installed, save this transmission for a while, or do I have to bite the bullet and have it rebuilt?

·
Registered
67 Posts
looking at your signature, seeing that it was a fleet vehicle, you might just go ahead and change the fluid and filter out, add ATF +4, and see if that helps fix it and check the pan for and metal on the magnet, then that would truely tell you if you need a rebuild.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
I know that when mine started to do that and I took it in to the dealership in Las Vegas and they told me that my 4th gear went out and that they had to rebuilt mine transmission and this is on mine 06 dodge ram with only 6000 miles on a new truck.Good Luck those and I hope that this is not your case.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I thought that I would at least do the fluid and filter change, and try and run the fluid through a coffee maker filter to check for any shavings that might mean trouble. After looking at the maintenance records, I noticed that the fluid had not been changed at all in this vehicle. Sounds like a great idea.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
i really need to check this.. i dont know if the last owner ever did anything like this to the truck

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just scheduled an appointment to have a transmission fluid flush, and I am praying like crazy to the god of Torqueflites that this is all that it needs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.