DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Praise the Lowered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brian came down to Dallas today and picked up his truck from the DPD impound lot. As it turns out, it had 4 wheels on it. Not one as previously told by police. What the thieves did was actually took all four of Slammed's wheels but put on 3 brand new spares and one polished 20". They also took some of his interior mods as well such as billet knobs, etc. These guys definitely had a plan because they only put on enough miles to get from point A to point B and nothing else. They had wheels waiting to be put back on and sprayed everything (interior included) with some kind of Amour-All or similar spray so as to not leave any prints. I'm sure there are a few things I left out but Brian can fill in the rest of the details in a day or so.
On a side note, be very adamant with the police department if this ever happens to you. They had both the license plate numbers and the Vin numbers wrong after Brian had told them several times the CORRECT numbers. I'm glad Brian got his truck back but can't understand the lackluster approach Dallas police dept. takes in crimes such as these. Shame on you DALLAS POLICE DEPT.

"C"

·
Registered
475 Posts
great to hear hopefully he cant get bk on his feet... no pun intended

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow, that's excellent news! Glad you are getting it back Slammed!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
They had a plan?
A plan that they were goin to steal a dodge? BRIANS DODGE?
I hate to say it but i think its someone from one of the dodge sites!
Is there anyone from any sites that doesn't like Brian?
Maybe some of his competition?

Not saying is it anyone from here or other sites, but its all kinda fishy to me!
Do we really know everyone on the internet?
Anyone agree?

·
Registered
28 Posts
It could very well be like that Kansasdjjj...but we will prolly never know but im glad to see that it is in one piece(sorta)...hey Brian give me a call when u get back in town and ill drop by and you can fill me in on everything..bring that sweet baby home ! :)

-Brandon

·
Praise the Lowered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kansasdjjj said:
They had a plan?

Not saying is it anyone from here or other sites, but its all kinda fishy to me!
Anyone agree?
When I say plan I mean that they already had wheels ready to go back on the truck and such. As far as aomeone from one of the Dodge sites, possibly. Only a few (3 people) knew where Brian was staying that weekend. Trust me, it wasn't one of us.
"C"

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
cphelan1 said:
When I say plan I mean that they already had wheels ready to go back on the truck and such.
I know, I was just wondering if anyone else was thinking that?

Isn't it alot easier to find chevy polt pattern rims if your gonna steal a truck?

·
Praise the Lowered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By the way, not only did they put wheels back on it, they used his original lugnuts!!!!
"C"

·
Praise the Lowered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kansasdjjj said:
I know, I was just wondering if anyone else was thinking that?

Isn't it alot easier to find chevy polt pattern rims if your gonna steal a truck?
It was definitely someone looking for a dodge. They had the wheels to go on it and they took most of the Dodge specific parts.
"C"

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
So did they get his tonneau and bedrug too?

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
And yeah, it sounds planned to me too. Either they knew he was going to be there from a website or saw him earlier in the day

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
nope, I got his tonneau, in Jan, he hasn't replaced it since

I do believe they got the rug though

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
So now he has 8 20" wheels/tires and an interior carwash...Its not so bad. I bet it wont be the same Brian, but be thankful that you got it back in the condition it's in. Have a safe drive home, and good luck putting it back together. Oh yeah...Is the bedrug still there? And what about the parts that were inside the truck?

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
cphelan1 said:
On a side note, be very adamant with the police department if this ever happens to you. They had both the license plate numbers and the Vin numbers wrong after Brian had told them several times the CORRECT numbers. I'm glad Brian got his truck back but can't understand the lackluster approach Dallas police dept. takes in crimes such as these. Shame on you DALLAS POLICE DEPT.
AS I posted on one of the other threads I am 68 and can remember when car theft was a major crime and you did time for it

Now 10 thefts and you are still on probation

It is nuisance type of crime to the police these days . A common occurance that just entails paper work on their part which they hate.
They also know the perps ain't gonna be facing any serious consequences in the courts

So it isn't the police . They have been beaten down by the way things are these days
Liberal politicians/ courts and left wing media and schools have ruined this country for the average working tax paying stiff

TRUST ME It wasn't always like this

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Damn...I just saw the pic of the tailgate, and the bedrug is gone. Brian...give me a call tonight if you are still awake after a long day of driving. Later!!

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
kansasdjjj said:
They had a plan?

Anyone agree?
I doubt it

They would have trashed it if they were trying to get Brian

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
All in all fellows, it is in great shape considering what could have happened. Be careful on the way home Brian. And everyone in the DFW area, lets keep an eye out. There's only a few of the Ultra Hotshot wheels running around.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
what about the people he was delivering parts to , do you think maybe they knew where he was staying, it was planned if you ask me . where do you find 4, 20" wheels if you spot a truck to steal that fast .where 3 of them painted spair wheels and one polished .hope the insurance company treats brian right. because sometimes there funny about aftermarket parts paying full amount , and his tailgate was custom too. but the factory 20" cost more than the aftermarket ones i think . id try to get the money for the factory ones

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds like they knew what they were doing and probably professionals. They put the wheels on it so they could drive it away from where they stripped it. If it were a bunch of kids they probably would have trashed it. Really interesting as to what they took, and didn't take.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.