DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to get a 3" drop up front? Not concerned with the most affordable, I want a true 3" drop without problems.

Currently I have Hotchkis 2" springs, what would be the best route to take?

1) Cut 1/2 coil off the Hotchkis springs for one more inch, and deal with elongating the slots on the upper control arm for more camber adjustment.

2) Mcgaughy's spindles with stock springs cut 1", how many coils would get 1" off the stock spring? Does anyone make a 1" shorter spring? (Eibach makes a 1.4").

3) DJM 3" control arms with the stock springs.

I really like the firmer feel with the Hotchkis kit, but I need to get a bit lower. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
well....the options you gave are exactly what I would have suggested.....just remember all the "measurements" companies give for the amount of drop is "approximate".....2" drop spindles I have seen only drop 1 3/4.........so some custom tailoring may be needed,DJM are the only ones to offer the dropped a-arms so you may want to go that route.....maybe the 2" drop arm with the Hotchkis springs for the front drop?????? Just remember also that you will definately need shorter tires for the combo!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.