DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, im lookin at picking up a 5" skyjacker double flex class 2 lift for my 2000 diesel 2500. I dont want to run the dual shock system that comes with the class 2 tho. To run single shocks do i just not put on the dual shock brackets?

Also anybody else who has this setup, how do you like it? I heard that some people have problems with the trac-bar drop bracket working loose. What kind of fix is there for this besides just re-tightening it every so often?

Also, i use my truck to pull a car hauler fairly often with my toyota rig on it. From pictures ive seen the 5" doest look to high to tow with. But should i be worried about towing with the 5" lift, and just go with a smaller lift?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've got a 5.5" Fabtech lift on my 1500 and I pulled a 2000lbs. U-haul car trailer carrying a 3000lbs. Datsun 280Z cross-country with out any problems. Just make sure you get a big drop hitch for your receiver. I got a 6" drop hitch and that allowed the trailer to sit perfectly level.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Trac bar drop does work loose. You will know it when you hear a popping sound whwn turing the wheels. Not a big issue. As for the dual shocks, just dont install teh shock brackets. I run the dual shock brackets, but run the outer shock. Lot more shock options that way.
Id be real leary of the double flex arms. People I know go through teh Heims very fast and they cost 80 bucks a side to replace
I tow with 11 "of lift. Just get a high rated drop hitch

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you use like a lock washer, or ny-lock, or threadlock or something to stop the drop from working loose? What about grooving the bolt and then staking the nut?

Ok, so the double flex is a no-no. Should i just get the standard kit without any heims then?

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
I pesronally would get the kit without any heims. It will flex well. Most guys jsut tack weld the drop bracket it in place. Cant overtighen the crossmember bolt because it may crush the crossmemeber. It doesnt work loose real often. About every 3 months for me
2 minute fix

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool. thanks for the help v10sport! Its interesting that people are going through heims so fast in their trucks. I run them on the 4-link in the rear of my toyota and i have never worn em out. I guess the daily driving and heavier rig makes a big difference on em.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Yeah the wieght is a big issue and also Skyjacker uses crappy heims

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.