DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what size the suspension blocks are on a stock 2001 dodge ram? How much bigger are the blocks for the Off-Road edition? Thanks

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
Same size on both, 3.5" IIRC.

·
2,032 Posts
Think they are the same IIRC.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The spring pack is different. If you look at an Offroad edition's springs there will be four leafs and an overload whereas a regular ram only has three leafs and an overload.

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
Think they are the same IIRC.
well, my truck is a "camper special" so, i got two overloads, one on top, and one on bottom, i guess that makes my truck taller than a normal 2500 4x4??

my truck w/ just a level and 35's is as tall as an 03 1500 w/ a 4 inch lift and 35's...:pty:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought a spring pack from a junk yard and it also has 4 leafs and an overload spring. The only difference that I could find between mine and the junk yard spring was that the overload on mine is slightly thicker. Could I swap out my overload in place of the one from the junk yard by simply replacing the bolt through the pack?

·
2,032 Posts
well, my truck is a "camper special" so, i got two overloads, one on top, and one on bottom, i guess that makes my truck taller than a normal 2500 4x4??

my truck w/ just a level and 35's is as tall as an 03 1500 w/ a 4 inch lift and 35's...:pty:
Well mine is a camper special too, but guess what, the upper overload is just that, an overload and it does not contribute to the rear ride height. :secret2:

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
Well mine is a camper special too, but guess what, the upper overload is just that, an overload and it does not contribute to the rear ride height. :secret2:
well, damn, corrected by ol' Dave again...:SPIN:

that thing below your avi is soooooo true...;D

·
2,032 Posts
HA! This ain't my first rodeo my friend. I am not trying to correct you, but more just point out the misunderstanding you had about overload springs. I have been learning things for 38 years and have determined that when I stop learning things is when I am screwed. ;)

That "thing" below my avatar was put there because it seemed like several years ago (and now it still happens) that everybody and thier brother was on the "huge tire no lift and it won't rub because it fits" kick. I was always on the wrong side of that discussion being the realist that I am and all.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I called the dealership and had them compare my VIN to that of the junker that I got the leaf spring from. They told me that the suspension package was different but they had no idea how it varied. Can anyone help me out? My offroad has 4 leaves and an overload and the junk yard part also has 4 leaves and an overload. The only difference that I can see is the overload. Is it possible that the only difference is the overload?

·
Mopar owner since 1977
1,204 Posts
Off road rams have "special" higher rate (read stiffer) springs front and rear that increase thier hieght. My 2000 ram had 4 leaves and an overload, and when the stock springs were compared to the arch of the off road springs I replaced them with, there wasn't an iota of difference between them...until they were installed.
Perhaps my Ram is different because it was built for export, and had the HD service group packages for commercial (fleet) duty.

You need to find a correct set of springs, or have them made for your truck.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Mine same 4.5 on a 2500 but I also have 3" wide springs

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
my truck has a 3(maybe 4) leave pack, and a overload underneath and an overload on top too

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
yessir...camper special....i don't know why my dad ordered it, we've never had a truck camper

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.