DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi just to let you know i live in australia i have a panther pink challenger TA clone it has a stout 360 it has a 557 thou flat tapet ported j heads crane rockers 10 to 1 comp victor single plane and 750 holley fill msd ignitition and a set of hookers with a four speed and 391 gears . the car ran 12.2 in the quarter
i bought a brand new six pack it cost heaps i bolted it on and it is like loosing a 100 horses i am sure the out boards are not working
good to talk to you

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
Sounds like the progressive linkage on the outside two isn't working.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi i have been away for the week end
i have the 340 carbs and when i punch it it goes like a two barrel nothing else happens i am told i should feal the out boards come in
i have lost heaps of power . the carbs are brand new
all the linkadges are correct and the vacuume lines ore on
this thing went like hell with the 750 holley like rubber every time
thanks

·
Love my 66 monaco 500
1,239 Posts
Is the 6 pac setup still vacuum or is it mechanical linkage?
IMHO:
If it is vacuum, check that the end carbs open easily.
With the motor shut off of course, open the middle carb then push up on the bottom of the vacuum module linkage where it attaches to the throttle blade shaft on an end carb. both end carbs should open together fairly easily without any binding. If they open OK, check that the vacuum lines that attach the end carbs to the center carb are good. If there is a vacuum leak, that can make the end carbs slow to open. If everything checks out, lighter secondary springs are in order.
I hope this helps.
I hope this doesn't sound stupid.
Scott

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks scot i have done all that
what i found was a bit metal shaving stuck in the center carbs vack port
i put it back together and what a differance but the out boards come in late so i will be putting lighter springs in
i will see how it goes

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi mr brick
no i havent had time to put the springs in yet i am trying to sell my house at the moment and trying to get it ready to put it on the market i will let you know ASAP

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
petrolhead said:
hi mr brick
:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Ram3500Dually said:
:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny
Could of been worse, just change the first letter :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
The carbs open late because of the kill bleed port from the vaccuum "pod" to the venturi is too big.

I pulled off the pods and tapped the port. I use a restriction made from the end of a screw with a .045 hole drilled in it. I'm also using the stock springs.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's right. It can actually be done without pulling the carbs off, just the pods. It takes about 20 minutes.

Use a vaccuum cleaner to get the chips as you tap the kill bleed passage. Make sure you don't go too far and break the venturi walls but far enough that you go past the vaccuum port from the center carb.

When you screw the "restriction" in, make sure it goes past the vaccuum port. Oh and if the carbs open too soon you can unscrew the restriction and go slightly larger; kind of custom tuning the outboards.

I did this to an AAR (340 Sixpack). It went from having a pathetic launch to ripping rubber just with that mod.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.