Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya's again......

I was wondering if the Sirius receiver that's in my truck is standalone or integrated. The reason I ask is because I think I wanna upgrade this cheezy soundsystem with something nicer, like a nav system and amp w/new speakers and maybe a subwoofer.

Whadaya's think? I'd like to keep my OEM Sirius capability if possible since it's pre-paid for a full year! :rck:

:gr_patrio

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
It is a seperate receiver, usually up under the dash above the glovebox.
You can use the factory antenna but you will need to get a new Sirius receiver that is compatible with the deck you purchase, you still get to keep the one year prepaid service you just need to call Sirius and have them transfer the service to your new tuner.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I installed my Mopar factory receiver in my '05. It mounts up over the emergency brake peddle. A Sirius "ready" head unit "should" accept the Sirius receiver's plug. I also installed a set of Infinity Reference speakers from Circuit City. They sound waaaay better than the el cheapo factory speakers. The stock head unit isn't really too bad and an amp would really bring it to life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.