DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the factory installed Sirius package and sometimes when I start my truck the reception is very fuzzy. This has happened a few times and will not go away unless I shut off the truck and restart it. All other radio/cd functions work just fine when this is happening. I took a 2 hour drive over the weekend and it happened to me then. After about 45 minutes I pulled over and shut the truck off, restarted and everyting was fine. I'm stopping by the dealer Friday, but was curious if anyone had any ideas as to why this is happening?

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
How Sirius is it?

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
I'm just kidding....LOL! Sorry, I couldn't resist. And I know...that was REALLY bad.

Have you checked the connection on the back of the stock radio?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope. I'll do that. I just checked the connections at the receiver, which is now mounted under the right rear seat on the 05's. Not sure where they put them on a reg cab.

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
How Sirius is it?
I thought it was funny!! :thatfunny I was thinking the same thing.

BB

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
HemiRamOn20s said:
I thought it was funny!! :thatfunny I was thinking the same thing.

BB
LOL! At least I wasn't the only one. :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
The tuner should be under the dash up under the steering colum.

What did the dealer say?

That is not normal at all.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The factory is now installing them under the rear passenger side seat. Don't ask me why. I'm going by the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
444 Posts
That rear seat location will make it more accessible, the location for 04 up under the dash was a mean spot to get to without a lot of scraped arms and a sore back and i also occasionally experience that what you called fuzzy sound and like you it will only go away with a restart

Bob

·
Registered
984 Posts
danhalen said:
Nope. I'll do that. I just checked the connections at the receiver, which is now mounted under the right rear seat on the 05's. Not sure where they put them on a reg cab.
I don't think its an option on Reg Cabs; it isnt an option on the Build Your Own online.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went to the dealer today. They verified all of the connections and found no problems. Advisor called DC and they are aware of this issue. A new receiver was reccomended and they had to order it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.