DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had nothing but problems with my Sirius reception since having it installed. Doing a little research, I've found that Sirius antennas are very tempramental and need to have a better line of sight to the satellite than the XM antennas. XM has a better network of ground repeaters too.

I just got hooked up with XM today and could not be happier.

If you don't have to have the NFL radio, then I would recommend XM over Sirius.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
XM Rocks!!!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
That's strange. I've had Sirius since December and have NEVER lost reception. Even while parked in my garage.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
DonRam said:
That's strange. I've had Sirius for over a year now and have NEVER lost reception. Even while parked in my garage.
Ditto. But with XM....I want to get Sirius also!!! (Just for the Big 12 Sport)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Unfortunetly as far as i can tell XM's liquid metal is off air (ch. 42) it isnt listed on their site, so i went with sirius.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I wanna get XM....maybe this summer!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
fromanhb said:
Unfortunetly as far as i can tell XM's liquid metal is off air (ch. 42) it isnt listed on their site, so i went with sirius.
They moved it to internet only, realy works my home stereo, and drives my wife crazy!

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
XM combinded Channels 42 and 48 together....But it is on the internet still, they are trying it out to see if they can get more people to start to listen to XM over the internet...

·
Registered
130 Posts
ive got sirius and have never had less than perfect reception, even places where cell phones dont work

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
FireHEMI said:
ive got sirius and have never had less than perfect reception, even places where cell phones dont work
Same here...

·
Vince
182 Posts
I HAD XM in my 04 1500 QC, but put it in my wife's 2000 Intrepid. I got the Sirius Mopar tuner to run through the RB1 nav radio. Both have some reception issues (in the same places around town). In East TN, the closest repeater is Atlanta, GA (200+ miles away). The funny thing is, the wife likes the Sirius programming better than that of XM, I do too. When her paid year is up, I will dump XM all together and get her a Sirius tuner. After having both Sirius is the way to go.

·
Up The Irons!
279 Posts
The only time I had Sirius reception issues was when I first installed it. I wasn't sure where I wanted the antenna, so I laid it up on the dash. After I put it up on the roof, I never had a single problem again.

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
I have XM radio on all my cars and i can say there has been NO problems at all with it. Im a big fan and supporter. :rck:

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
NFL is the only reason I decided on Sirius. I have friends that have Sirius and some that have XM and I thought they're basically the same.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Does anyone have sirius or xm mounted up on their pillar somewhere. I want to get one, but don't want it right in the middle of the dash.

ideas?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I was looking at plans for both systems and it looks like serious has xm beat on the long term plans. xm has a five year plan for FIVE HUNDRED and NINTY NINE bucks, and serious has a life time for 500 big ones

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.