DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting a 10" sub, truck box, and amp for my reg cab 3rd gen ram. I want it to hit decent, but want to spend under 300 for EVERYTHING. I can get a box for 50 dollars shipped, but am having trouble picking an amp and a sub.

What should i be looking for in regards to wattage, power, ohms, voice coils etc. I listen to a lot of R&B and rap, so im looking for something that will hit cleanly.

I'm thinking about getting one of those small MTX amps, but i dont have a clue when it comes to bridging etc. Can someone help me out?

Also, i have a stock head unit as of right now (base system, nothing special). Can anyone tell me how hard it would be to install it myself? I have an amp wiring kit from my last project that i never used.

THanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
i'm no audio expert but i'll tell you what i did with my truck. i have a 45 dollar fiberboard box,jl audio svc 10 inch 4 ohm sub 100 bucks, run off of 2 channels of my eclipse amp for about 140 rms. it's decent at best compared to most i heard but it's a start. i don't know how to wire at all let alone into a stock head unit. i have heard a few trucks with 250 - 300 rms 10 - 12 inch sub and i think those hit pretty good but still sound good. i'm more concerned with sound quality myself. alot of guys here will tell you to get a head unit first and they are right. i just put in a new eclipse head unit with the 5volt preouts compared to 2.2 with my old pioneer. the bass is now cleaner and a little stronger just with a new head unit.

hope this helps
bubba

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Damn Bubba I wish I woulda noticed ya was in Omaha Neb before April 23rd........................

Anyways back to subject, As bubba said it is always best to start out with a good Headunit, then start looking into amps and subs. There is a guy here that I installed a Visonik 12" with a Visonik 600 watt amp and it hits pretty hard and was fairly low price. The thing is just listen to setups from ya local dealer and then just get what ya think sounds best

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
I have a 10" Rocford Fosgate Punch sub mounted in a universal carpeted probox that was i used for a short time in my 03 that was a reg cab also, ive been trying to sell it for a loooong time , 100 shipped. Let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.