Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Newbie here, and largely illiterate when it comes to automotive issues. I'm hopeful you can offer some insight and guidance.

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7L. I love my truck, but I'm not sure that the it loves me back! I've had myriad issues with it over the past several months (had to get a rebuilt engine installed, new bearing, brake lines, etc.). Last week, the day I got it back from the shop following the bearing issue, I began having what appears to be an electrical issue. My wipers won't turn on, the headlights are stuck on dim (won't flip to brights), and the turn signals click in the cab but don't actually activate. All three of these functions are on the same lever.

At first I thought it may be a relay issue, as "Wiper High/Low" are on the same cluster in the fuse box (number 60, I believe). Bought a new relay, but it didn't fix the issue.

I researched it further and found that it may be the Front Control Module (if I remember right), which looks to be about a $300 part. Can anybody verify if they think that sounds right, or if it sounds like a different issue? The vehicle repair budget has long since been depleted, but at the same time I'd love to get the truck back on the road again, and hopefully back to 100% for the first time in a long time.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Moose

·
Registered
1,944 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I appreciate the insight! Thanks!
If you deciede to take a look at it to first unhook the neg. cable at the battery and wait 15min.. This way the air bag is disarmed and safe. Good Luck!

·
Red Trucker
1,922 Posts
I would take a look/change the multifunction switch first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZEtRwt2BRw
^^This for sure

If you deciede to take a look at it to first unhook the neg. cable at the battery and wait 15min.. This way the air bag is disarmed and safe. Good Luck!
^^This and I also turn on the headlight switch after I disconnect the battery just to give any energy left in the capacitor a place to go. I go so far as to hit the brake pedal too in addition to the wait.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you!

Thanks guys! Was definitely the multi function switch. All fixed up and we're back in business. Thanks Again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.