DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having a lot of problems with deer in the roads down here where I go to school so I've been debating on upgrading to Silverstar bulbs. Anybody had good/bad experiences with them?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
a friend of mine has them in his chevy an he really likes them hes had them for atleast a year now an no problems.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
Their good, maybe too good, (deer in the headlights!)

·
Registered
778 Posts
i just put some 9005 silverstar ultras in my fogs and i would say those with my headlights thers about 3x the light of just my headlights alone, make sure you dont tuch the bulb at all if you install them

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
Stupid Question: Are the Silverstar's just plug and play?

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
9005 are, the 9006's need a small mod to the bulb housing.

·
9,640 Posts
Are the 9005's for fogs, and the 9006's for the headlights?

·
1,965 Posts
Your best bet is to either get a big grill guard or do what i do and slow down where you know where they are usually at and just watch really careful for them. Bright light and a loud truck don't phase them for me.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts

·
9,640 Posts
dizzyD said:
9006's are the typical fogs here is a link to modify to a 9005 for fogs.
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179886

I did mix the numbers up in this previous post above.
My brain just won't work today, so I'll have to ask another stupid question (forgive me). What is the number for the headlights, and what number is for the fog lights (ones that won't need to be modified)?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
do the fog light mod its easy as cake and makes a big difference the head lights are h13 or 9008s i would run the silverstar st in the heads and for the fogs get the silverstar su. the 9005 mod consist of clipping a tab can be done with a fingernail file and some fingernail clippers.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
9006 are the OEM fog #.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
correct

·
Registered Confuser
6,365 Posts
silverstars are good, i have them in heads and fogs. Foglights are 9006, I think headlights are 9007, someone correct me if im wrong.

·
Rollin On 4:56's
1,835 Posts
2 years on mine, no probs, bright as hell, got them in my lows/fogs/tails. you also might wanna try this for extra illumination. your lows&highs will both be on when you hit the highs.

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zemog255 said:
Your best bet is to either get a big grill guard or do what i do and slow down where you know where they are usually at and just watch really careful for them. Bright light and a loud truck don't phase them for me.

yah if anything the red attracts them. the first one ran in front of me, well between me and the car coming in the opposite lane, just cracked my plastic air deflector. the second deer was on the side of the road, i honked, slowed down, and it still managed to literally run head on into my back passenger door. i didn't hit the deer, it hit me.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
I've kept Silverstars (and now the Ultras) in my last two trucks. The only light I've had burn out was the old stocker that the body shop put in the replacement bucket after my deer incident back in '05.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I say go PIAA, I think those are bright as balls for a halogen bulb. Of course I still think HID is the best:)

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Nathan K said:
silverstars are good, i have them in heads and fogs. Foglights are 9006, I think headlights are 9007, someone correct me if im wrong.
heads are h13 -9008 in 06 up
and 9007 in 02-05

·
Registered
441 Posts
I had the silverstars in my truck and loved them. I didnt have fogs at the time but I would recommend keeping those stock. I remember when I had my siverstars they were horrible in foggy situations. The white light made it to where you couldnt see anything. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.