DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've given up looking for the "White" bulb I've been chasing after for the past year. I've decided to give the SilverStar a try but I want to know does it have any blue color to them because that's not what I'm looking for. Does anyone have any night pictures of their trucks with the SilverStar in them? Thanks. Also, how do I reduce the size of the pic of my truck so i can post it? Thanks again.

·
University of Houston
651 Posts
i have silverstars in my truck and i think they are more white then they are blue mayb just me but good luck

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
Wagner Truview might be something that you may want to look at. I heard that they give you the white light without the glare to other motorists

·
Registered
360 Posts
DON't BUY THE SILVERSTARS!! I was a huge fan of them until this week when both fog lights burnt out and then just last night a headlight burnt out. They have only been installed for a year. Great look but they don't last for KaKa!! Just my $0.02

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
Just installed plasmaGlow HID name bulbs, look awesome, (9007 not HID Just what they call them)

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
I have the Silverstar heads/fogs and love em. The light is white, no bluish hue to it at all.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I hope my silver stars last longer than that...just installed them last week. Very white light...no blue.

·
Registered
595 Posts
i liked my silverstars... i thought i was the only one whos bulbs blew out.. i lost one of my fog lamps less then a year after i installed it.. so i put the stock ones back in the fogs and still have the silverstars in the headlamps

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Are they more brighter that the stock.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
were did you get those from.

·
University of Houston
651 Posts
well i've had mine for about 2 years and they have yet to burn out the only lost one because my fog light broke and broke the bulb with it and if ur not careful putting them in ur oils when burn em out

·
Bill
73 Posts
I had Silverstars fail in about a year. If you go to Sylvania's web site you can send an email to them. They will warranty the bulbs for a year. I asked about the short life of the bulbs. They told me they were a high performance bulb that was leading edge but, that the average life was about a year of use. They had to make trade offs to get the higher performance of the bulb. They did replace a set for me that I used everyday. I have them in the Ram for over two years but I don't use the truck much.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
NewRam4Me said:
I've given up looking for the "White" bulb I've been chasing after for the past year. I've decided to give the SilverStar a try but I want to know does it have any blue color to them because that's not what I'm looking for. Does anyone have any night pictures of their trucks with the SilverStar in them? Thanks. Also, how do I reduce the size of the pic of my truck so i can post it? Thanks again.
Hi almost neighbor! Maybe this will help you!
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96338

I also have had the SilverStars in my truck for almost two years without a problem!

·
It's a JEEP thing!
3,233 Posts
i have silverstars and think they are well worth it.

You will hear a lot of people say they don't "like" this type of bulb because it burned out early. You might want to ask them how they handled the bulb. I use to work in a autoparts store and people would return the bulbs saying they burned out. Honestly, it was them that made it burn out. If you touch the bulb, it will burn out early.

I wouldn't buy any cheapy bulbs. I would invest in silverstars or even Piaa

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
I have been running Silverstars for a year now and just noticed the passenger side is getting dimmer than the driver side. Both low and high beams. Don't know if it's a bulb issue or wiring. Guess I'll do some troubleshooting this weekend.

MikeyB

·
Registered
290 Posts
I do not know if this will help, but here are a couple pic's of my fog lights after I installed them.

Attachments

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
here are my PlasmaGlow high watt bulbs head& fog...from Moe's

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK thanks for the inputs guys. I'm getting sick of these new H13 bulbs already due to limited bulbs around. I bought Silverstars last night and they're definitely what I want so they'll be going back 2day. I'll go back to stock until I decide what I'm going to do. Thanks again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.