DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced the side trim on the doors? I've got an '01 GC, with the flat black plastic trim pieces, and I would like to replace it with body color pieces. Are they glued on? How hard is it to do?

·
Registered
253 Posts
well the other day I checked to see the same thing on my 02 GCS.. I found out its glued and clipped on.. Kinda sucks.. I'm sure it would be just as easy or easier to put new trim on as it is to remove.. When you remove the trim you'll want to use a heat gun or blow dryer to heat up the glue and an old credit card or something similar to help get the trim off.. a lot of people say fishing line but I think credit cards or any other plastic card work better.. its a good way to stop yourself from charging too..lol.. good luck and Merry Christmas..

·
Registered
109 Posts
originally i also wanted to replace the trim on my van, but changed my mind. i have a 94 gr. caravan, and the trim was fastened on with plastic clips on the back of the trim piece,and a straight pin sticking out of the door. the pin reminded me of the top of a small nail or tack. anyway, grabbing the trim piece and wiggling it up and down while gently pulling outward , i figured out how to remove them. once i had them all off i sanded them smooth with fine sandpaper and repainted them white to match the body color. that was 2 years ago and they still look good. i think it looks much better than the aftermarket ones i saw. rick :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.