DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '98 D with the power folding mirrors. Can I replace those with the Heated mirrors? And if so is it difficult to do? Is their anything extra I would need other than the new heated mirrors?

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
welcome to DT. They're pretty easy to replace, just 5 screws to pull the door panel and 3 studs which hold the mirror on. You should be able to just replace them but I'd use OEM quality stuff only, avoid dealers like 1A autmotive on ebay - they use very cheap knockoffs (personal experience with some new 6x9 mirrors).

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I guess the question is the wiring. The heated mirrors are activated when the rear defrost is on. Is the interface with the rear defrost circuit on a 98?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, there is a rear defrost on the 98. I guess I should take them off first and see what the wiring looks like, but then again I have nothing to compair it too. Any suggestions as to where I should go to get a set of mirrors since ebay is so bad?

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I know there is a rear defrost on 98's but is the interface in the mirror wiring on the 98's.

·
Registered
370 Posts
to tell would be easy, remove the door panel and look at the plug that goes to your mirror, if you have two black wires going in all ya need is the mirrors... those black wires are for the heating element, i reciently replaced my heated 6x9 mirrors for some smaller ones, if ya need a set of factory heated mirrors let me know, they are still sitting in my basement

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally had a chance to pull the panels off my doors and look at the wires. I don't have the back wires for the defroster. How difficult would it be to run a separate set of wires to the mirrors for me to hook a set up?

·
Registered
370 Posts
i have no clue where the wires go from the plug, either the fuse box. or to the defrost switch would be my guess, but where to hook them up to ... i have no idea

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
I to have a set of the 6x9 heated mirrors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.