Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone,

Tonight, as I was just starting to back out of a parking spot slowly, I felt a shudder. Almost like I was dragging something or a vibration. There wasn't anything there under the truck that I could see. I just turned on 10,000 miles today. It felt like it came from the rear. It's not done that before and didn't do it anymore after I came to a stop.

Any ideas? U-joint? Differential? Suggestions? I'll make a appointment to bring it in-it was just too weird.

Thanks,
Nell

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Mine also does that as does my friend's '03 2500. I'm thinking it's the exhaust vibrating with the engine at low rpm light load. Just a guess but with his at 98k miles and mine at 45k miles and no ill effects, I wouldn't consider it a problem.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Nelliebly said:
Good evening everyone,

Tonight, as I was just starting to back out of a parking spot slowly, I felt a shudder. Almost like I was dragging something or a vibration. There wasn't anything there under the truck that I could see. I just turned on 10,000 miles today. It felt like it came from the rear. It's not done that before and didn't do it anymore after I came to a stop.

Any ideas? U-joint? Differential? Suggestions? I'll make a appointment to bring it in-it was just too weird.

Thanks,
Nell

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2004/03-003-04.htm

??

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
"Symptom/Condition:
A vehicle may exhibit a drive line shudder or vibrations while accelerating from a stop. The
condition is most noticeable under heavy throttle acceleration and is usually only present a low
speeds (below 25 m.p.h.). "

Good thought but different symptom. I hesitate to call either a problem because neither is a problem. Just a slight momentary vibration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.