DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Now Hemiplus
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a post a couple weeks ago about my e-fan install. http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198694
I finally finished installing the windshield washer reservoir. It took a while but I found a tank that would work the way I wanted. It came from a Metro I think. I installed it way low in front of the passenger side fender under my overflow tank.
I made some brackets and mocked up the tank.

Then to make it harder to see, I painted it all flat black. I left one line to view the level.

These pictures are pretty poor. It's hard to find a position to see the tank and take a picture.

I need to use a funnel and hose to fill the tank, but I filled the last tank twice in the last two years.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Sweet ass idea and execution. :tup:

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Very nice. Do you have any pictures of where it sticks out at the top? it is next to the radiator cap?
Where did you find this at? I have looked through a lot of tanks on ebay but still havent found anything I liked.

Bill

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
where did you mount the washer pump?

·
Now Hemiplus
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Daytona1445 said:
Very nice. Do you have any pictures of where it sticks out at the top? it is next to the radiator cap?
Where did you find this at? I have looked through a lot of tanks on ebay but still havent found anything I liked.

Bill
It does not stick out on top anywhere. The fill can only be seen by looking down from the top (behind and under the overflow tank). The cap is easily reached and like I mentioned above I use a funnel and tube to fill it.
I found it on ebay used. Looked at a lot for a few weeks. Cost me 16 bucks shipped.

HemiRamOn22s said:
where did you mount the washer pump?
The stock pump would mount to the tank, but since I was lengthing the wires and hose I choose to use the one that came with the tank. Works like a champ.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
I like it ... looks good.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
I gotta have one. How much would you charge me a setup like yours? I'll buy the fan. I just need the fan bracket, which I'll weld, and the bottle's and other associated brackets which I'll paint.

·
Now Hemiplus
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hemidup said:
I gotta have one. How much would you charge me a setup like yours? I'll buy the fan. I just need the fan bracket, which I'll weld, and the bottle's and other associated brackets which I'll paint.
I paid $16 for the washer tank shipped. There is another one on ebay right now but they want twice that just for shipping alone. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996...hash=item150206234707&_trksid=p3756.m20.l1116
The overflow tank is from Canton, I also decided just to get it off ebay since it was the cheapest (got it in two days). http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CANT...208689638QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130208689638
The fan is a Viper fan, the controller is an FK-60, and the tubing is just 3/4 inch square aluminum tubing. The only thing I could really offer is a couple brackets. I should have made several of those before I put everything in.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
The biggest problem with making these for anyone is the fact that you can not get a Viper fan. So unless you already have one it will not do you much good.

Bill

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
o cool...now I have a reason to go to the junk yard...an efan an reservoir...

·
Acts 2:38-39
2,355 Posts
I agree. Nicely done. The black paint on the tank, with the "sight glass" strip is a nice touch...

·
Now Hemiplus
1,835 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.