DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Dodge 'em
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have one for our trucks, and our tires/wheels. Now lets have one for the engines.

My 360, started painting with dupli-color Hemi Orange. Going to paint the valve covers tommrow.

:rck:

·
Buck99
667 Posts
Built 440 in my '79

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
My engine

Well I figured its in the truck so why not, in the process of installing my fresh 360, bunch of little stuff done cant wait to hear it run will post vid when its complete.

Attachments

·
Dodge 'em
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's today's progress. Dident do any painting because the wind was blowing 40 for a while and i dident want dirt to get into the valves. I got some more paint ( hemi orange and silver header paint)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Glhs, clean looking truck, got me wondering if I can swap a serpintene setup onto my 80, did serpintene setup on my sons v8 converted s10 and I really like it, and looking at your engine I think I would like it on the front of mine as well...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Glhs, clean looking truck, got me wondering if I can swap a serpintene setup onto my 80, did serpintene setup on my sons v8 converted s10 and I really like it, and looking at your engine I think I would like it on the front of mine as well...
I have a Magnum engine.

You would have to swap the timing cover which means you lose the mechanical fuel pump and the cover won't fit unless you install a special bolt/spacer from Hughes Engines if you want to keep the long nose cam. There are a couple bolt holes in the Magnum heads that are not present on the early heads. If those bolt holes are the only ones that are holding you up, don't worry, I've seen the swap done with early heads.

Magnum intakes are available for carbs. Magnum replacement heads are available with LA engine intake pattern already drilled. A magnum head swap would be a MAJOR gain in HP/TQ from stock '80 model cylinder heads.

·
Dodge 'em
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
looks good man, whered you get the braided hoses?
There Normal rubber hoses with a Mr Gasket brand stainless steel braided cover kit. I found one cheap at the local O'rileys because it was missing a clamp.

Here's todays work. Pay no attention to the silver overspray from the manifold paint, i cleaned that off the grime thats allready there( it's got some oil leaks it's had sence new). I had to drill and pin the K&N filter to the tube so it would stay put.

looks brand new inside.

·
Dodge 'em
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Were do the cold air tubes go in the Lil red's?

·
Dodge 'em
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And here's the finished product.

now it have to take it in and have a new exasut manifold stud installed ( drivers rear broke in half and is leaking.)

·
Registered
768 Posts
a work in progress

before:

now:

after (soon hopefully!):

·
Dodge 'em
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There sure are alot of differences in the engine bay layout over the years.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Finally!

Where it should be!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.