DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start off by saying I love the way my boggers look but all that have driven a truck with them know they are not real road friendly. I am thinking of trading
39.5 x 18x 16.5 Swamper Boggers 70% tread for
42 x 15 x 16.5 TSL with 90% tread

The pros are
should handle and drive better
1" lift
newer tires

The cons
boggers look bad a&&

anything I am not thinking about before I make my decision and here is my truck for those who don't know what it looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Why don't you have the best of both worlds, I will sell you may Firestone AT 265-70 16" tires and wheels so you can easily swap them any time you want. If you are interested, let me know.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boggers are just so awesome when parked or mud just not so hot when driving down the road.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah that would look so sweet stock tires with 11" lift.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hey, I am not the one complaining about the ride. You want them, I will give you a good deal, if you don't ...............

·
Cant see me
1,210 Posts
^ Is this guy ****in serious?

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its not his fault he is from Ohio.

·
Registered
543 Posts
If it was me I would take the TSL's they have more tread and I think your ride would improve quite a bit, plus werent you looking at getting bigger tires in the not so distant future well this I think will save you some money, and hell TSL's dont look bad

looked at the picture once more and the boggers look a tad small, and you said you were lifting the back a little too go with bigger tires

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes was eventually wanting 44" tires it is set up for 42" tires now. 95dodgeram07 thanks I figure if one person looks at it at the show I am happy it isn't the best truck but it keeps getting better every year.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Why don't you have the best of both worlds, I will sell you may Firestone AT 265-70 16" tires and wheels so you can easily swap them any time you want. If you are interested, let me know.
first of all they dont make a 70 its a 75 on metric sizes on that. and second of all are you kidding. carlose has one of the biggest trucks on this forum. a barely 32 inch tire would look gay as hell. i really hope your not serious

·
Registered
402 Posts
From experience the TSLs (i know you dont do a ton of off road) but they are a big let down. my buddy had a f250 with 6 in sus lift 35 in TSLs. and my truck made it thru more mud than his, hell a zr2 blazer with buckshots made it thru more than him. just never was a big fan of tsls but its up to you man. the tsls arent bad at all on the road but boggers are just F****** awesome especially on the big green

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I plan on stopping at 44" Boggers just hoping to wait a year because I have a vehicle payment ending and 600.00 a month child support ending in the next few months. I have to put 3" lift in rear and 2" in front for the 44" tires to look like it does now. My Bogger have some dry rott also so think the TSL would last a little longer I don't know I am not going out of my way to trade. He is coming to me and helping with the dismounting. I don't know. Here are a pic of the TSL's

Attachments

·
Registered
543 Posts
first of all they dont make a 70 its a 75 on metric sizes on that. and second of all are you kidding. carlose has one of the biggest trucks on this forum. a barely 32 inch tire would look gay as hell. i really hope your not serious
I dont know were you got that from but a 265/70/16 is a very common tire size for SUV's and there are quite a few companies that make that tire size, and I think the guy was just joking.

Damn looking at the pictures they look to still have a lot of tread If they are fairly new as far as the date on the side and dont show signs of abnormal wear I still say go for it

·
Cant see me
1,210 Posts
Just thought I'd throw this out there...
There may be a reason why he wants to trade, bulge in sidewall, won't balance properly etc. Think about that.

·
Registered
380 Posts
First of all, yes they do!

What I question as being serious is someone who lifts there truck so they need a step ladder to get in, puts 40+” tires with paddles for tread, needs 4.88 gears or better just to be able to move, complains about their gas mileage and road behavior, all the while saying “look at me, ain’t I cool, my trucks bigger than yours”. I believe that is called over compensation for either physical or mental shortcomings. Probably both.

********, ya gotta love em. You can’t learn em and ya can’t shoot em.

·
Cant see me
1,210 Posts
Let the flaming begin, I think your in the wrong forum.

·
Black Sunshine!
994 Posts
What I question as being serious is someone who lifts there truck so they need a step ladder to get in, puts 40+” tires with paddles for tread, needs 4.88 gears or better just to be able to move, complains about their gas mileage and road behavior
He just needs to get a beater car some crappy 4 banger that gets 30+mpg IMO keep the truck for off road mostly then you can get big tires big lift and still be saving money even when gas gets to 4 bucks. Also any tire that big and that is a off road tire will feel like total crap on the road but at the same time a truck built for off road will also feel like crap on the road even with road tires.

Great looking truck though and X2 the boggers are the best looking tire out there IMO :gr_patrio

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.