DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· HEMI
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, need your help.... considering trading my Ram in on a new 08....here's the deal:
Stealership will give me 17,000 for my truck (I owe ~16K)(KBB value is ~14,000)
New truck is 08 Ram 1500 Big Horn QC Hemi 4x4 Sunburst Orange ( MSRP is 38,925) they're offering 490 x 72 (35280) out the door. They're considering this a super deal and only doing this because it will be my 3rd vehicle from them.

What do you think? I would really like to get into a QC and orange is my fave color. Please :help: . Thanks

· Registered
22,981 Posts
If it fits your budget and its what you want, why the hell not?

KB

· They call me Radio
4,905 Posts
x2

If you can make your payments and you like the truck, then why not. A deal like that is almost too good to pass up.

· Serenity
5,995 Posts
Well, they can always juggle the numbers however they wish when you have a trade in. They may APPEAR to be giving you a good deal for your truck, but what they are probably doing is giving you less off of the sticker price as well. If you REALLY want to know what they are willing to sell the truck for, have a friend stop in and tell them he wants to pay cash for the truck and what is the out the door price. Once you know that, you can then decide if selling your truck privately or trading it in is the better deal. It may also give you some bargaining power as well, but my guess is he would just give you less for your trade in.

· Registered
1,000 Posts
One more thing to consider is that insurance will be some what higher on the new truck. So leave a little bidget room for that.

· You've been Hijacked
15,407 Posts
IDK.....is $2000 off sticker really a good deal? Also something doesn't add up with your numbers. To finance $35,280 for 6 years with say 5% your payments would be $568. Are they offering you 0%? If so I would make sure to read all the fine print on that.

Also if you can wait about a year, I have a feeling there will be deep discounts on the 08's since the 09's with the new body style will be out.

· Registered
519 Posts
If you want the new truck do it but I would try and get the price lower..... sounds like that price might be about a 1 or 2 thousand over invoice.....I got a great deal on my Sunburst Orange but it is an 07 model and had the 6k discount and I had a discount through my company that I work for......... Get color choice tho.

· Registered
594 Posts
i would wait untill the 08 is a left over and find one for $10k off list or just look for an 07 leftover in sunburst orange

· Registered
25,139 Posts
Do what ever makes you happy. That color is nice. :)

· Registered
36,020 Posts
4404spd said:
Do what ever makes you happy. That color is nice. :)
X2. If you can afford it and you want it, go for it.

· Absolutely
7,864 Posts
I agree if you can afford it go for it, but I think 35 is a little high, I would keep shoping or look for a left over 07.

· HEMI
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies, but I'll be keeping my Ram since the stealership lived up to their name tonight. I was going to get back with them Monday after I really thought this through and that was fine, but then they call me a half hour later and said that they really needed to sell the truck tonight for their books and couldn't extend the deal any longer, so I said thanks but no thanks. I wasn't going to get rushed into a major purchase. Anyways, I really like my Ram and have put a good chunk of change in mods into it. (And I just got it detailed, so it's really looking good). I really have no reason to get rid of it, except for just something bigger. And the money I saved by not buying, I can just get more mods :) .

· Ramistered User
6,465 Posts
You'll save about 10 grand by waiting 6 months or so. Soon they'll be begging to get rid of the '08's with the new body style coming out for '09. Look for the big rebates this spring

· Registered
4,328 Posts
Since you have a 2005 I would wait for the 09s

· Registered
3 Posts
bigbadram1500 said:
I'll be keeping my Ram since the stealership lived up to their name ... they call me a half hour later and said that they really needed to sell the truck tonight for their books and couldn't extend the deal any longer, so I said thanks but no thanks. I wasn't going to get rushed into a major purchase.
Good for you! :tup: Any dealership that pulls that crap should be forced to sell Toyotas. :mad:

· Serenity
5,995 Posts
StarJack said:
Good for you! :tup: Any dealership that pulls that crap should be forced to sell Toyotas. :mad:
I agree - the best way to prepare yourself for any car purchase is to always be able to walk away.

· Registered
103 Posts
I would be happier buying the first year of the gen4 trucks.

I bought a 2002 when the gen3 trucks first came out.

I still have it, and it looks pretty much like a new truck.

I would like to keep my 2002 till I buy the first year of gen4 truck.

It seems you get more new truck for longer that way.

· Registered
1,353 Posts
ggravant said:
Well, they can always juggle the numbers however they wish when you have a trade in. They may APPEAR to be giving you a good deal for your truck, but what they are probably doing is giving you less off of the sticker price as well. If you REALLY want to know what they are willing to sell the truck for, have a friend stop in and tell them he wants to pay cash for the truck and what is the out the door price. Once you know that, you can then decide if selling your truck privately or trading it in is the better deal. It may also give you some bargaining power as well, but my guess is he would just give you less for your trade in.
+1, people always over look that and think they are getting a great deal on trade in.

· You've been Hijacked
15,407 Posts
hemiram544 said:
+1, people always over look that and think they are getting a great deal on trade in.
so right. People are happy if the trade in is enough to cover what they owe or a little but, but in reality it's several thousand less then what the vehicle is worth.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.