DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first picked up my truck I didn't get 2 miles when I heard and felt a droning and vibration when stopped especially on an incline. Sounded like the car in front of me had the world's biggest Subs and was vibrating the cars around him

Went back to the dealer and asked How the hell could this have passed predelivery

Well the took it into the shop checked computer read outs and visually inspected the exhaust etc etc and couldn't find anything
Then they used a listening device and and traced it to a CAT

THey said the CATS were not available and had to be ordered ( I guess a lot are having problems ) Said 10 days that was 13 days ago

I had mentioned I wanted to put an aftermarket muffler on and they were very apologetic about not finding the problem in pre delivery

For that reason they said while doing the CAT they would put my muffler on GRATIS

My dilemma is do I let them put the Aeroturbine ( it came today)on or leave it off and pay for it later at a muffler installer to make sure the problem is fixed and any noises can't be blamed on a new muffler

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
uncbob said:
My dilemma is do I let them put the Aeroturbine ( it came today)on or leave it off and pay for it later at a muffler installer to make sure the problem is fixed and any noises can't be blamed on a new muffler

I would let them do it anyway. The issue is aleady on the table, making it difficut to blame the muffler later. Take the free install. Besides, if the muffler did rattle afterwards (it wont) it would be thier fault do to installation. There is nothing to a 3030 to rattle. :D

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
keven said:
I would let them put it on, since they are willing to do it for free....
I almost went to the garage up the street that I use to get in done
It came today and they probably could have put it on in an hour
I just wanted to hear it . The 2005 is TOO DAMN passive and quiet
Hell My wife's 2002 4.7 sounds almost as good as the Gibson did on my 93 F150

Now I have to wait for the CAT to come in

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
uncbob said:
Now I have to wait for the CAT to come in
I would sell you both of mine for the cost of removal and shipping. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts